• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

overheating

maamum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 1994 4.0 6 cylinder that is overheating. i changed the thermostat only to find the bolts would not tighten in the thermostat housing with thread shavings wrapped around the bolts. no leaks but is this why im overheating and how do fix this problem?:icon_welder:

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i have a 1994 4.0 6 cylinder that is overheating. i changed the thermostat only to find the bolts would not tighten in the thermostat housing with thread shavings wrapped around the bolts. no leaks but is this why im overheating and how do fix this problem?:icon_welder:
if you changed the tstat with the correct new one and you are still overheating you obviously have another issue. is the cooling fan working? is the radiator shot? the water pump could be gone?

maamum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i cleaned out the radiator no leaks and put a new cap on it as well. i guess im going to change the water pump this week but thanks anyway.
:icon_welder::icon_welder:

jimmyess333

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So, what was the resolution?
That way the rest of us know what to look out for.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

This is the 6 cyl section.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals