Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Engine & Transmission Forums > Engine Conversions > V-8 Conversion Forums

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
87351ranger

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
87351ranger is on a distinguished road
Default need a measurement

I need to find out the distance between the front of the waterpump pulley and radiator from someone who is using the explorer fead. Right now I have about 4.5-5". Tring to fit a stock explorer clutch fan assembly in there, I am using an sn95 mustang fead. Really do not want to use an electric fan if I do not need to. Using a northern radiator
87351ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 08-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGERISH SORT OF THING
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING
My credo: it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold

using air conditioning too?

cut the core out and run a summit unit...or move the norther forward...

these are pretty good https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...xoCg88QAvD_BwE

depending on how you mounted it...body lift ect...should be able to easily get 7 inches of clearance in a gen 1.
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
bobbywalter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold

your using this one...https://www.northernfactory.com/Product/205138
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
Old 08-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
87351ranger

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
87351ranger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywalter View Post
No a/c. That the radiator I have now. Tring to determine if I can get an explorer clutch fan in there. Not sure if the fan will be offset and not allow the fan to sit inside the schroud correctly. Thinking of just going to an electric fan inside a stock fan schroud. I was using stock 4.0 radiator with a pusher fan, but it just seems to run all the time, temp would slowly creep up to 205-210. Thinking the pusher is not the best at cooling.
87351ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:40 PM   #5
Elutheros
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: DD/Hunting
Elutheros will become famous soon enough

I have a 3" body lift and cut the core out to move the Explorer radiator forward a couple inches but still get the cap on and off with no problem. I also use the Explorer FEAD and for a couple years used the stock fan with no clearance issues. I changed to the Volvo electric and the additional clearance is nice to have--and the electric works just fine even in 100 degree Texas summers. I am not running A/C. My engine is sitting on the flat motor mount plates on the stock V6 mounts and my transmission lined up within a half inch of the stock mounts. That helped to get maximum clearance up front.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

i dont run a cap radiator with these. just put it in the upper rad hose.