Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
alessiozu

Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger 4WD
I use this vehicle for: work
alessiozu is on a distinguished road
Default Help for VIN Ford Ranger 1989

Hello everybody!!!

I write from Italy and i need to know where it is posizioned the VIN on the frame and on the motor... can you help me?

thank's to all
alessiozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
shane96ranger

Vehicle Year: 1997 / 1989
Vehicle Model: F150 XLT / Mustang GT
I use this vehicle for: Everything / The war on imports
shane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessiozu View Post
Hello everybody!!!

I write from Italy and i need to know where it is posizioned the VIN on the frame and on the motor... can you help me?

thank's to all
I don't believe you're going to find it on the motor or frame. You can find it in the corner of the dash and windshield on the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammert609@yahoo.com View Post
I am being told by family an friends my truck is a piece of shit
shane96ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
alessiozu

Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Ranger 4WD
I use this vehicle for: work
alessiozu is on a distinguished road

On the driver side i have found it, but the italian historical registry want a photo of the VIN on the frame without this photo my truck does not enjoy certain privileges insurance...
In an italian forum about american cars i have found the VIN on the frame for the Ford Mustang it's under the left front fender and the owners tell us that every cars have a hidden VIN for police use, that's true? I prefer to write on a american forum for american cars

I hope i was clear in the explanation, my english is not perfect...
alessiozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
shane96ranger

shane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessiozu View Post
On the driver side i have found it, but the italian historical registry want a photo of the VIN on the frame without this photo my truck does not enjoy certain privileges insurance...
In an italian forum about american cars i have found the VIN on the frame for the Ford Mustang it's under the left front fender and the owners tell us that every cars have a hidden VIN for police use, that's true? I prefer to write on a american forum for american cars

I hope i was clear in the explanation, my english is not perfect...
I guess maybe it is on the frame. See the link below for location on an Explorer. I've never seen a VIN on any of the 3 RBV's I've owned. My Mustang has the VIN on damn near every body panel.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=62391

I just went out and looked at mine, and I don't see it anywhere. Maybe it's on the top of the frame?

Quote:

Last edited by shane96ranger; 02-20-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Ranger Sport Honduras
Zoom Zoom

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi/Ford
Vehicle Model: Montero Sport/Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Hauling ass, work, toy
My credo: Fortune Favors the Brave
Ranger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Sport Honduras

the inside of the fenders have the vin on mine, when u open the hood u can see it. right where the fender bolts are.
Ranger Militia
Cardomain(All the trucks)
Ranger Sport Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
shane96ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport Honduras View Post
the inside of the fenders have the vin on mine, when u open the hood u can see it. right where the fender bolts are.
Do you know if it is on the frame TRS (and where)? I think my Ranger has VIN stickers too, but I don't think the 89's did.

EDIT - My 96 doesn't have the VIN stickers on the fenders and hood. I think I'm thinking of my Dad's Explorer.

Quote:

Last edited by shane96ranger; 02-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Ranger Sport Honduras
Zoom Zoom

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi/Ford
Vehicle Model: Montero Sport/Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Hauling ass, work, toy
My credo: Fortune Favors the Brave
Ranger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Sport Honduras

i think i have seen it on the frame. but i dont remember too well. best way is to crawl under and check it from front to end. shame my frame is too muddy to go and look LOL
Ranger Militia
Cardomain(All the trucks)
Ranger Sport Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
ronclark
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super
I use this vehicle for: Weekend driving
ronclark has a spectacular aura aboutronclark has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ronclark Send a message via Yahoo to ronclark

my 87 VIN is stamped on the top of the frame rail on the right side, about were the body comes toward the frame.
I hope that helps
Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
shane96ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronclark View Post
my 87 VIN is stamped on the top of the frame rail on the right side, about were the body comes toward the frame.
I hope that helps
Do you mean it's under the hood then?

Quote:
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
ronclark
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super
I use this vehicle for: Weekend driving
ronclark has a spectacular aura aboutronclark has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ronclark Send a message via Yahoo to ronclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane96ranger View Post
Do you mean it's under the hood then?
If you have no A/C Box you should be able to lean over and see it, might have to clean the frame.