• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 stranger side intake vents

adrenaln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
have built all metal intake vents in front quarter panels, copied the ford lightening showtruck from last yr, really bummed me out after I had them made, all the new f350's came with them stock! lol anywayz will post pics after finished paint have also grafted mazda rx7 hoodscoop into hood as well, looks kewl.

Last edited:

adrenaln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
the thing I hadnt realized when I bought the hood off ebay was that when I went to weld the scoop to mine, lol, it is aluminum!(the grey part is fiberglass reinforced plastic) but man am I glad I left enough of a flange to urethane epoxy it to the hood! I normally cut them flush and butt weld them but was in a hurry and left a 1/2" overlap WHEW
lol

the intake scoops mesh part will be painted flat black after painting the truck..................looks way better I also have a chrome strip that will attach to the center peice on both sides of truck that will be installed after paint as well, looks kewl(will send pics of it lit with red neon from behind if it doesnt look to cheesy(am hoping it looks ok) anywayz will see.......

Last edited:

azhrei

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hi I've wanted to put on the dual scoops on my 87 but want to make them functional... are yours? and if so how?

Paul

adrenaln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
mine arent, and now you can buy them (plastic vents that is(mine are metal) in most of the Truckin magazines for about $200bucks. you could just blow a hole through the inner fender and plumb it to your airbox, depending on what you wanted to vent with it ..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals