• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No ABS!! anyway to fix?

Chris Bowles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Recently i had a hub go bad on my 99 ford ranger and instead of getting the ABS hub i bought the regular one with no abs sensor an accident. So i installed the new hub and realized there was no plug for the wire plug thing (abs plug?) and so its just hanging. So im driving and i realized i have no abs. Anyway to fix this without having to buy a new hub assembly. And if not do i really need abs? Any input is much appreciated.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No way to put abs on a non abs hub. i disconnected my abs after getting a bad tone ring on some napa rotors, im glad because abs sucks, lol.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Recently i had a hub go bad on my 99 ford ranger and instead of getting the ABS hub i bought the regular one with no abs sensor an accident. So i installed the new hub and realized there was no plug for the wire plug thing (abs plug?) and so its just hanging. So im driving and i realized i have no abs. Anyway to fix this without having to buy a new hub assembly. And if not do i really need abs? Any input is much appreciated.
no, having ABS isn't critical. its just there to prevent you from skidding out of control when you slam on the brakes. i love it in the snow otherwise mine never activates

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Congratulations, you have de-activated your abs system, your brakes will now work properly.

Chris Bowles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
ok thanks. m not even going to worry about it. i mean im driving slow anyhow when its icy out so im not worried about safety issues with that.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
ok thanks. m not even going to worry about it. i mean im driving slow anyhow when its icy out so im not worried about safety issues with that.
well if you are driving on ice i recommend fixing the ABS. it prevents spinouts and are a life saver when going down hills

fix_or_repair_daily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Chevy,Satu
Engine Size
2.3, 5.7, 1.9
Transmission
Manual
Congratulations, you have de-activated your abs system, your brakes will now work properly.

Absolutely priceless! My thoughts exactly!

Josh

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals