• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

manual transmission hydraulic line retaining clip

optima23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I removed my tranny and i broke the cage looking piece that the hydraulic quick connects into. I ordered a new master cylinder line figuring that it would have this clip but it does now. So my question is can i get this retainer clip or do i have to purchase a new slave cylinder that has it? any help is much appreciated.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
That piece is housed inside the connector on the slave cylinder. Where are you located? If you happen to be close to Berwick, PA I have used slave cylinders laying around which end up just going in the garbage anyway.

optima23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
That piece is housed inside the connector on the slave cylinder. Where are you located? If you happen to be close to Berwick, PA I have used slave cylinders laying around which end up just going in the garbage anyway.
hey there,

I am in canada and would be willing to pay for shipping of the part if you wanna get rid of it. does that plastic cage come out of do i just need to change the whole slave cylinder???

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Don't Get a used slave. Do the job rite and put a new one in. Would you rater do it right or do it twice?

optima23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Don't Get a used slave. Do the job rite and put a new one in. Would you rater do it right or do it twice?
I just want to be able to shift the truck and move it so I wanna do it cheap... it all started with a stripped starter bolt...... to much money invested so far...

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
As long as you won't be driving it down the road.

trinogt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Newer style clip

My '98 has a new design clip, and now it's popping off all the time. The slave cylinder was replaced with the clutch about 4 years ago, and now the line pops off and the pedal is stuck at the top of the stroke. I can reattach it, then bleed the screw a teaspoon or so and have a full clutch again, but this is getting old. Where can I get a new clip? I tried all the HELP! sections of my local parts stores, and I would have to buy a new slave just to get a freaking clip!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Its one of those parts that just isn't service separately. AFAIK there is no good way to remove it anyway.

DJ Freddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So check it out. I have been having this exact problem working on my 93 Ranger 2wd 4 cyl. I couldn't keep the pressure line connected to the slave after it popped off. I finally realized the after 28 years of being exposed to the elements the flat Acorn clip that the line snaps into was spread out. I removed it and manually squeezed the clip together to increase it grip on the copper fitting that snaps inside the coupler. I loosened the bleeder screw so there would be some give on the valve and the line snapped hard into place. I let the slave gravity bleed for 60 seconds or so and amazingly I have a working clutch. If anyone out there in cyberland can help with info to access the flat acorn clip for this application I would be a happy Man,
Happy wrenching,
Fred.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals