• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 xlt questions!!

Ramonjportilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys new to trs, love the info I have already gained! I have a 02 door on my 96 xlt and it doesn't fit properly. What doors are interchangeable? Maybe I installed the door wrong, or maybe I'm not doing something right. Please any info will be a big help!!

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The door should fit. What part of it are you having a problem with ? There is adjustment between the door and the hinges, the hinges and the body. There is also adjustment at the door striker.

Ramonjportilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
There is a gap between the door and the body at the top of the door and by the front fender. So a 2002 door fits on a 96? I know the fender is wrong but I had it so I just threw it on thee until I could find a 96 fender. I'm thinking that I need to adjust my hinges somehow. The door will shit but you have to make it want to shut of you know what I mean.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You should be able to adjust the door for a good fit. There is adjustment between the body and the hinge, between the door and the hinge and at the striker. You just have the loosen the bolts and move the hinges. The hinge bolts are a little hard to get to. If you had the fender off the hinge bolts would be very easy to get to. You can adjust the door to the body, then put the correct fender on and adjust the finder to line up with the door and hood.

Last edited:

Ramonjportilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks buddy!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals