• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

NEEDING some assistance with cluster swap 2001 into a 1995

pintobobster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so I took the step and got me a 2001 Sport Trac Cluster to put into my 1995 Ranger (with tach)
I swapped over everything from my 1995 onto the 2001 (speedo, tach, heat, fuel, oil, temp) cluster housing and the back board from my 95.
Got everything working (well to this point) ive got all warnings on the left side working, only thing not working is the right side of the cluster meaning the 4x4, 4x4 low, the O/D off warning lights,
Only thing I can tell is I moved or repinned the black/red (orange?) To get check engine light on. I already repinned the door ajar and the check fuel cap warning lights
What I am in need of is the right repinning order and a schematics for the 1995 Ranger with tach so I can figure if I move (re-pinned) the incorrect wire some how??
My Truck is down until I can get this issue corrected,
I am having issues searching the forum for help my phone acting weird. When I use a light probe they light up this is confusing,
Ive had to take a step back and take a breath and ask for help here
Need help asap to get this done.

Thanks,
Robert

pintobobster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So here it is in all its glory

I also saw request for speedo rewiring on another Ranger Forum and others. Congrats to Pintobobster on his determination!*Please post wiring finding.

So here is what I found and did to swap the 2001 Explorer white faced cluster panels into my 1995 Ranger using all my 1995 gauges and housing with the plastic board.

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

CONNECTOR C216 PIN# 3 PK/LG

MOVE TO

CONNECTOR C215 PIN# 4 (MINE WAS EMPTY)

DOOR AJAR

CONNECTOR C215 PIN# 3 BK/O

MOVE TO

CONNECTOR C214 PIN# 6

FUEL RESET ( WHICH IS INERTIA SWITCH ON PASSENGER SIDE FLOOR TO SHUT OFF FUEL INCASE OF IMPACT)

CONNECTOR C214 PIN# 6 GY/O

MOVE TO

CONNECTOR C214 PIN# 3 (MINE WAS EMPTY)

Took pictures of all gauge settings prior to pulling dash apart and removing needles from panel.

After I got everything together (re-pinning) I left face lens off to expose needles so I could set them correctly.

I then started the truck let it idle for 20 minutes set my RPM needle at just below 1000 RPM from picture I took, I put my other needles approx center setting for my TEMP, OIL, and BATTERY. Then I drove to fuel station filled tank and set fuel needle just slightly to right edge of black marker above the F, (it use to go way past the F before but I do not mind having a little reserve fuel in take). then set up my GPS drove to the freeway and set my cruise control to 60MPH and set my Speedometer needle to match,

I then Drove home seated all my needles to correct height as to not hit/scrap on panels.

Been doing fine for the week I have been driving it. And it looks GREAT......

Also I used new Needles I bought off EBAY

The only mod I had to do to get them to fit correctly was cut them shorter to set on pins of gauges and for the Battery I pulled the metal tab out of original needle and drilled a bit larger hole in the ebay needle and push the metal tab into the new needle and it set just fine on the battery gauge no gluing or other mod and it is not sloppy or loose works like factory.

Hope this helps others with a 2001 Explorer white face cluster panel swap into a 1995 Ford Ranger......???

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Thanks for taking the time to post that information.

I've seen it done by a few others on here (not this exact swap but similar). It may be an uncommon swap but someone will find it useful...some day.

Appreciate the input...:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals