• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Crankshaft Bolt socket size needed for 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5 Liter Engine.

dtnel78

Reaction score
Looking for the crankshaft bolt size on a 2000 Ford ranger 2wd.

Friend of mine had it make a grinding noise and stop running in the extreme cold we had the other night. I went over then with a battery booster and when we would try to start it it would just make a clicking noise which was just a single click. I'm suspecting a faulty solenoid or starter which I have to test for.

First thing I want to do though is make sure that I can Han crank the engine was a ratchet to get it to turn over to make sure the engine isn't seized up because he said it just quit running going down the road.

One quick question I do have on the Ford Rangers is if the signal wire going to the starter is corroded or compromised in any way will that cause it to shut off if it's already running or will it stay running as I normally don't dabble in this stuff I'm just helping a friend out?

The reason I ask this is I noticed one of the wires going to the starter had been taped over about six inches from the starter with electrical tape which tells me it was probably repaired at one time or another and maybe not properly.

If that's the case I will fix it if it turns out to be the issue but I am wondering if that would cause it to stop the engine from running for example if it was shorting out or something to that effect?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
See my post at fordrangerforum ...

tom

dtnel78

Reaction score
I figured it out last night as it was a 22mm. Wasn't the starter after all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals