• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2007 4.6 3V 4x4

fireblade1225

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Show me the money
I would like to hear from or see some running 4.6 3V swaps. I have a 2007 Ranger I was planning on doing a 5.0 swap. But the old 5.0 Explorers are getting hard to find. I have a buddy with a large mostly Ford wrecking yard. He has a couple compete 10 4.6 Explorers. I plan on using the M50D-R2 with 4406. Also a few of those in the yard.

From what I have been reading and studying wiring diagrams. The dash in my 07 Ranger using Can bus communications for speedo, tach and other guages. I was hoping the 10 Explorer PCM would be able to communicate with the Ranger dash. Has anyone had any experience with this? :icon_hornsup::icon_welder:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Probably your biggest issue, and definitely the one you need to figure out first, is how you are going to get that wide engine in your narrow engine bay.

fireblade1225

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Show me the money
Probably your biggest issue, and definitely the one you need to figure out first, is how you are going to get that wide engine in your narrow engine bay.
The engine mounting I am not too concerned with, I know it will be tight. I know others have the 4.6 up and running (2V, 3V and 4V). At this time I am just curious on the electronics, mostly getting the dash to work properly.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
If you are using computers that are close enough in year it should be a fairly straight-forward matter to get them working together, but may involve a custom tune, which you are already going to need to take the auto trans crap out of the Explorer software.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals