• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5 speed wiring

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok.. So I'm doing some mock up on the wiring..2000 expo harness..2000 ranger.. Ill be going to t5 and just wondering what you 5 speed guys uses on the auto trans plug for the back up lights? I assume the clutch safety neutral switch under the dash will just work once I get the switch. My truck was an automatic. If I don't need all those wires off the expo harness I'm going to get rid of them..
On that 38 pin connector..is the backup light in there and if so..which pins?

Last edited:

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Ok.. So I'm doing some mock up on the wiring..2000 expo harness..2000 ranger.. Ill be going to t5 and just wondering what you 5 speed guys uses on the auto trans plug for the back up lights? I assume the clutch safety neutral switch under the dash will just work once I get the switch. My truck was an automatic. If I don't need all those wires off the expo harness I'm going to get rid of them..
On that 38 pin connector..is the backup light in there and if so..which pins?
I remember I ran my back up camera off the reverse switch on the T5. I think I lit the reverse lights off the same power for the camera. I know I did away with the trans harness all together. I looped the wire for the DTR sensor and used the pigtail under the dash for the clutch switch.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I remember I ran my back up camera off the reverse switch on the T5. I think I lit the reverse lights off the same power for the camera. I know I did away with the trans harness all together. I looped the wire for the DTR sensor and used the pigtail under the dash for the clutch switch.
I was just reading a bit and see that the o2's and vss is in that trans harness.. Which..deleting the rear 2 ..
So you just got rid of the whole harness?? I'm freshly familiarizing myself as I start the process. How did you get power to your back up lights if they are in that harness?
What is the DTR sensor J?

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
I was just reading a bit and see that the o2's and vss is in that trans harness.. Which..deleting the rear 2 ..
So you just got rid of the whole harness?? I'm freshly familiarizing myself as I start the process. How did you get power to your back up lights if they are in that harness?
What is the DTR sensor J?
I deleted the rear O2's. Seems like there was a wire or two for the front O2's on one side in the trans harness. If so I just jumped it off another circuit on the engine harness. The DTR sensor is the auto neutral safety switch. The engine won't crank without it making a connection. I wired in a security switch and looped the connection at the 42 pin connector. The security switch is hidden and just prevents someone from starting the truck with the correct key.

The power for the back up lights run off my back up camera. I just tapped power from somewhere in the back of the truck. I didn't use the connection at the trans harness.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
10-4 J I have to take a couple weeks to get my mind fresh on this again..been going 6-7 days a week and I have forgot what's was what..things are going to start happening here real soon now..it's winter up here in the mid west and I'm taking weekends off for the most part to get this little blown 331 together and fired up

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
10-4 J I have to take a couple weeks to get my mind fresh on this again..been going 6-7 days a week and I have forgot what's was what..things are going to start happening here real soon now..it's winter up here in the mid west and I'm taking weekends off for the most part to get this little blown 331 together and fired up
Let me know if and when you need a start up tune. I have one for my 306 that should get you in the ball park with PATS delete, rear O2 delete, auto trans function delete, etc. All you need is a EQE3 ECM for a 2000-2001 Explorer and a SCT Tuner. I bought the SCT Pro Software for that prefix so I will be able to make adjustments in the near future.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Let me know if and when you need a start up tune. I have one for my 306 that should get you in the ball park with PATS delete, rear O2 delete, auto trans function delete, etc. All you need is a EQE3 ECM for a 2000-2001 Explorer and a SCT Tuner. I bought the SCT Pro Software for that prefix so I will be able to make adjustments in the near future.
Thanks
I am using a 2000 harness and computer also

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals