Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > 1983-2011 Ford Ranger Mini Trucks (Street)

Notices

1983-2011 Ford Ranger Mini Trucks (Street) Show of your trucks, or post your build threads. This is NOT a help forum. Post your questions in the Help Forums further down

Old 08-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #91
1qaz
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Mind Restoration
1qaz has a spectacular aura about1qaz has a spectacular aura about

Entered her into her first judged competition.

She took second in her category -- 1973 and newer stock trucks. First place went to a 2015 Chevy Silverado High Country. Third place was a 1999 Dodge Dakota Super Bee. There was close to 200 total cars in the show.

Still have tons of exterior work left to do to include the new (NOS) stripe kit.

And the bed is about to come off so I can get after everything from the cab back...this project is about to hit overdrive.
1qaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 08-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #92
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '80
Vehicle Make: Ford, GMC
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Ranger, Grumman Kurbmaster
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, Work
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

Congrats on your trucks first show.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #93
deathbypsi
06/2012 STOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 88
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: putting a smile on my face
deathbypsi will become famous soon enough

Congrats!! Truck looks awesome
88 Ranger 2.3t June'12 STOM R.I.P.
83 Ranger truggy 5.0
deathbypsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #94
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qaz View Post
And the bed is about to come off so I can get after everything from the cab back...this project is about to hit overdrive.
4 link 9" or fuel cell for the LS swap?

That is pretty cool, did you get any results about how to improve?

A peeve of mine is how big car shows have the truck classes, my club is the same way 2wd stock pickups go from '76 to present. It is hard to compete with new iron, but they don't get near the entries a comparable car class gets though.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.

Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 08-21-2017 at 11:58 AM.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #95
1qaz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysFlOoReD View Post
Congrats on your trucks first show.
Thanks! Some really nice cars there from 1920s to today. There's a ton of talent out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
Congrats!! Truck looks awesome
Thanks! I can't believe I'm babying a Ranger but it sure is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
4 link 9" or fuel cell for the LS swap?
Why of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
That is pretty cool, did you get any results about how to improve?
No score sheet review. But I know where all the imperfections are...and they're getting more difficult to correct.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #96
Angie

Vehicle Year: 90 & 83 project
Vehicle Model: Rangers
Angie has a spectacular aura aboutAngie has a spectacular aura about

GRATS!!

Car show scoring/entry cats can be a joke. I agree with open to present shouldn't include anything under past 20 years... i see way too many from 5 years ago... no offence but... so what....

2nd beef is a ford body with a chevy engine.... those are my walk bys.... I don't even bother looking as soon as i see the bow tie....

and my 3rd biggest bitch is that there needs to be a complete different class, back yard built and shop built.... any one can take a frame and beat up body to a shop and drop a credit card down and say build me this.... versus a guy who beats his knuckles to a pulp every weekend in his back yard....

Cheers!!! and keep going, your truck is a nice piece of history.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #97
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
GRATS!!

Car show scoring/entry cats can be a joke. I agree with open to present shouldn't include anything under past 20 years... i see way too many from 5 years ago... no offence but... so what....
The flipside is they are low traffic classes, our show last weekend had two stock trucks in that 76 to present 2wd class. A bullnose Ford and a square body Chevy. Break it up into two or three classes and I am not sure we would ever get three places deep in all three classes... so it is just a bunch of extra trophies.

4wd's always have a better showing but I think the years are similar (I park the 2wd's)

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #98
1qaz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
GRATS!!

2nd beef is a ford body with a chevy engine.... those are my walk bys.... I don't even bother looking as soon as i see the bow tie....

and my 3rd biggest bitch is that there needs to be a complete different class, back yard built and shop built.... any one can take a frame and beat up body to a shop and drop a credit card down and say build me this.... versus a guy who beats his knuckles to a pulp every weekend in his back yard....

Cheers!!! and keep going, your truck is a nice piece of history.
Thanks Angie! Every car show is subjective...loved your 'rant' and point of view.

==============

Have been on a hunt for the correct front grille emblem and finally found a NOS one (bottom emblem in pic below)!! Ford darkened the shade of blue in 1989 (top emblem).

Part numbers for anyone interested.

Backside view for those wanting to know how it attaches...two 'locking' type nuts...have seen the aftermath of many pry off attempts in the salvage yards.

Seems like a small thing but...back to factory specs!

Total cost: $7

Took her to another car show (pre-emblem replacement) to support a local high school band. About 100 cars and they had a class for stock trucks - all years. She took third behind the 1976 F250 Ranger in the background and a pristine 1994 Chevy 4x4 that looks showroom new. There were 7 trucks in the class to include a near-perfect 1964 Studebaker (in the foreground). Not sure how it did not win. Again, all shows are subjective.

Last edited by 1qaz; 09-02-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Typo correction
Old 10-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #99
1qaz
Supporting Member

Winter projects have begun.

Driveshaft

Starter

Crossmember

You know where this going....

Transmission

Glad that's out! Off to remanufacture. New clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal up next while it's out. Giddy Up!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #100
Mark_88

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Dordge
Vehicle Model: Care A Van
I use this vehicle for: Space travel
My credo: Love Thy Neighbor
Mark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you've been busy since the last time I checked.

Congratulations on the show placing too...I've never been fussy enough to keep something looking any better than necessary but I appreciate those who do.

And that cross member...lol. Brought back memories of my first truck. It was one of my first actual projects that involved more than a few simple cuss words and head scratchings.

Keep up the good work~
1996 Ranger 2.5 (gone)

On-line manual link
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...94#post1581294
Mark_88 is offline   Reply With Quote