• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Turbo Ranger resto

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
And just waiting on my new cam now.

Enemy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Motor looks amazing! :icon_thumby:
That header gives nice access to the plugs, did you build it? I am definitely going to look into a design like that if the one I have doesn't work out, locates everything right where ya need it! Nice

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Its called a RodsHeader. Going to very hard to find another since Rod sadly passed away recently after he started making these again after a long time away from header building. Other than #2 plug being kind of tight with the gate flange its a dream to work with.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Finally got my new Esslinger cam! Little more lift,little more duration.

While setting up the cam I found when zeroed out and timing mark lined up it made the degree marks on sprocket read way off.

So I re-clocked the outer gear and put new marks on it to now show a true zero on sprocket when cam is zeroed out.

Once I was happy with that she was dropped in to her new home..

Got me new breather tank setup all plumbed and clocked the compressor where I think will work best. Grabbed some tubing and whipped up a new inlet as well.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Big complaint I have always had with my 88 is the position of the steering wheel. The column seems way to long and shoves the wheel into my gut and puts my arms in an awkward position.

Well I finally got around to this problem and my idea worked perfectly.

I cut down my column 1.5" and it made a nice difference and the wheel is in a more comfortable position. Due to the angle of the column the farther you cut it the lower the bottom of the wheel will be but with only 1.5" cut off I feel no difference in the slight space I lost between my legs and bottom of the wheel.My arms and belly are much happier now.

Heres how I did it...

I unplugged and unbolted everything for the column and removed with the wheel still on it.

I marked a center line on the shaft tube to keep my alignment once its cut apart.

Then I used my saw to cut just the outer tube and pulled it off the shaft. There is a bolt at end of the shaft that needs to be removed to slide tube off.

I cut 1.5" off the tube then slid it back together and welded it back up.

This bracket needs to have the rivets drilled out so it can be slid up the tube. I had it bolted together in this pic but found once back in the truck they interfered with bolting it back up and had to be removed. Just leave this bracket as two parts and use the mounting bolts to hold everything together once its bolted back to the firewall.

Cut 1.5" off the end of the shaft and I welded a small ball on end to replicate the bolt that was in it.

At this length I couldnt have gone another 1/8",its perfect with my dash cluster.

My wiper lever just touches the gauge in the high position.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Chipping away at it everyday now..

Started making new aluminum pipes to replace my old steel ones.

And I wasnt happy with how my pumps and lines turned out so I split them up and made new pump mounts for each side of the cell and ran new lines.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Fuel system now completed.

Magnafuel reg,my own rail,-8 lines

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals