Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > 1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's

Notices

1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's Show of your trucks, or post your build threads. This is NOT a help forum. Post your questions in the Help Forums further down

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
chrwilkins30

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: running over hondas
chrwilkins30 will become famous soon enough
Default Chrwilkins30's build

Been on here for some time now and decided to start a build. I’ve got a small collection on parts that I’ve been collecting for the last few months. Funds are going to be tight. I have to collect money and only making average 220 a week does not go far after putting gas in plus its my DD and cannot be down for very long at a time. Sorry no pics from when I got it but it had some gay fiberglass running boards. Oh and the pics won’t be perfect quality because I don’t have a digital camera but pics are better that no pics.

Backstory: Got the truck a year before I could drive and loved it. Got it from a family members passing. It had the typical problem and I really didn’t know very much about working on cars. The brake lines where rusted out and steering whined but after inspection was only a rotted line. Need tire and then noticed really bad tire wear. But at the time didn’t know really anything. Well that’s what brought me to this site. I had to change balljoints and all tie rods and had no idea as to how. Fixed that and drove it for about a year and decided it was time to make some changes.

First got a brush guard of CL and some cheap Harbor freight lights. You can kinda see my original tire I purchased in this pic. They are firestone winterforce and did amazing in the snow even in 2WD.

Got some free 31 BFG’s and chopped the front fenders to fit with some flexy flares

More pics will come! I have some more pics just need to organize them.

UPDATE: Decided to keep all cost of parts to swap a d35 and 8.8 with complete overhauls.

Summitracing.com: Shocks, belltech 6400, FA600, SS brakelines--- $525.66
Broncograveyard.com: coil studs, pivot and radius arm bushings--- $92.46
Rockauto.com: All balljoints, tierods, wheel seals and adjusters--- $373.89
JamesOakEnterpries: G2 4.56 gears and Master kit--- $596.85
LKQ Junk yard: Dana 35 from 91 explorer and 8.8 from a 99--- $140.09
Ben for setting gears up: $200.00
Autozone: Forgotten front seals--- $20.00
RuffStuff specialties: Simple swap 8.8 and diff cover---$239.60
JamesOak Enterprises: Lift kit and spindle nuts--- $1264.95
Ebay New: Jeep hubs--- $241.61
Broncograveyard: leaf spring bushings and bump-stops--- $90.00
4wheelparts: lubelocker--- $31.00
Paint and Misc:---$40.00
Grand Total: 3829.11
WTBShifter Bezel like thishttp://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...gershifter.jpg

Last edited by chrwilkins30; 05-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.
chrwilkins30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018