• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Farm Truck - Truck Bed Camper Trailer

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
Welp, the farm truck is no more. Rest in many, many pieces, my friend. But many of it's parts are going on to greater things. The back 3rd of the frame, the rear axle, and the bed are becoming a home made (home modified?) off road pop up camping trailer.

This project's going to be a slow one. I've got too many other projects planned for this year. We're going to get the basic trailer together and get plates on it so the city will leave us alone. The popup camper portion will come slowly over the next year or two.

We stripped the truck down to the frame and bed over the last few weeks. This weekend we finally removed the cab and cut the frame just behind the front suspension.

We stopped by Buchheit and picked up a class III 5000lb trailer A-frame coupler. Maybe a little overkill, but this is my first home made trailer and would rather be safe than sorry.

That's it for now. It's almost midnight and I'm as tired as my dog is. Good night all.

AOMills

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Should be a cool project build. I've always wanted to build one of these for camping that matches my BII.

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
I thought I posted this already... The trailer took it's maiden voyage in some of the most severe thunderstorms we've ever had. It tracked straight and true. It was a bit bouncy, but that should get better as the weight of the camper components gets added.

We took it down to a family member's place that has 220 for the arc welder. My little HF flux core wasn't going to do the job.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals