• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to install a winch in the bed(for motorcycle and riding mower)

juntjoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Do unto others...
Title says it all. I've seen a few vids on it. Some have installed them on the floor of the bed, others higher up to clear the end of the bed/gate. I've seen some installed on bed racks, others right into the the bed body itself. I'd like to do it the easiest way. I've got good step drill bits to drill holes but nothing to weld with. Just need a little advice from those that would now about my specific truck/needs. Thanks!

Oh, and some recommendations on winches would be nice. Never shopped for any. At most I guess I'd be needing to pull 1000lbs at most. Probably less.

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Something like this: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11933

You can use the bed stake holes at the front end of the bed to anchor the metal bar, vs bolting it to top of bed, I would use a locking rod in both stake holes to hold the metal bar down

l like his idea of detachable winch, you can lock it up in the cab when not in use, I doubt anyone would try to steal the metal cross bar, lol

Last edited:

juntjoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Do unto others...
Something like this: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11933

You can use the bed stake holes at the front end of the bed to anchor the metal bar, vs bolting it to top of bed, I would use a locking rod in both stake holes to hold the metal bar down

l like his idea of detachable winch, you can lock it up in the cab when not in use, I doubt anyone would try to steal the metal cross bar, lol
Is there a metal bar that is made for this bed since I won't be welding?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals