|Home||Ford Ranger Forum||Builders Guide||How To Tech||Other Articles||Featured Rangers||Readers Rangers||Classifieds||Shirts & Decals|
|08-27-2008, 10:29 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manitoba, Coldest place in Canada
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: BroncoIV
I use this vehicle for: DD/WheelerRep Power: 27
List of B2 Options that never made it to production and some that did.
This is a rumor list.
1. Pop out Side windows-There is doccumentation that says there were. Owners manual discusses how to remove and store them.
2. Rear bucket seats-There are reports that they are out there. No pictures to back it.
3. 4.0L B2 in late 1990-No proof that they exist. If Ford made Prototypes then they would never have been sold, and likey to have been dismantled. 1991 was the intro of the Explorer. Someone that started the rumor likley saw an Explorer Sport 2 door and thought it was a new B2.
4. 8.8 rear axle.- Rumor and no proof of existance.
5. D35 front axle-*Confirmed*. Nearly all 1990 models will have a D35 axle. 3.73 ratio is a guarantee.
6. M5OD 5 speed trans.-*Confirmed* Most if not all 1990 models will have this as a manual trans. 1989 saw the last of the FM146's.
7. Real 2wd trans without dummy case in 2wd models-Yes and no. later model ones are rumored to have a ranger 2wd trans. AllanD would be able to confirm this. (I do confirm this AllanD)
All I can think of at the moment.
Last edited by AllanD; 12-16-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: confirmng information