• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

8b2 leaking in the front of the cab any ideas?

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so i got a 1988 b2 in near mint shape but its leaking in the front somewhere. ik they tend to leak on the side windows but i have no ideas what it could be on the front. any ideas?

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i was finding puddles of water after i fixed the floor boards (i had to cut out the carpets) and i changed the rubber weatherstripping that seals the doors. after i noticed it flattened and not flexible any longer. that seems to have fixed the problem for me no more puddles of water any longer after hard showers.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Need more info. Like, exactly where are you seeing dampness, ect.

first guess:
If your talking about passenger side floorboard, under dash area, probably the heat exchange radiator for your heater blower. (having a mind blank moment, can't think of the correct name, sorry)

big red 138

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Need more info. Like, exactly where are you seeing dampness, ect.

first guess:
If your talking about passenger side floorboard, under dash area, probably the heat exchange radiator for your heater blower. (having a mind blank moment, can't think of the correct name, sorry)
heater core. if its slippery like coolant, thats what it is. if its just water and happening when the ac is running then the drain lines clogged, you can blow it out with some air from the drain line under the truck.
the weatherstripping at the windshield could be leaking, or look for corrosion near the cowl under the hood

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its not coolant. ik i have to reseal the back windows but after a probibly medium duty rain the whole floor pan will be wet mainly in the front on both sides

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
It's either your windshield leaking or the seams in the cowl that are leaking. More than likely it will be one or the other or both of those places, but you could also have a rust hole in the kick panel or where the kick panel meets the floor.

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
Here's how I fixed my leaky cowl. Mine wasn't rusty at all, but there are guys on here that have major rust holes in the cowl panel that need cut out and replaced, which isn't so easy. This stopped most of my problem but after about 20 minutes or so of rain the floor still got wet. I caulked all around the windshield and it completely fixed the leaking. The right way to do it though would be remove the windshield and re-glue it.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104927

fordfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I did it even quicker! I'm waiting out the rainy season, so I liberally-and I mean liberally!- applied vaseline around/into the upper corner trim with my fingers, and I am dry as a bone for 2 months now. Prior, it was a drip every 3 seconds- we're were talking a mini pond here...I thought about tossing in a few beta fish and see which came out on top...guess I'll have to do that in the driveway instead

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lol thanks guys I didn't think about the cowl leaking

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals