• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

quick question

90rangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Im new to this site and i need some help,
i have a 1990 ranger STX 4x4 with the 4.0L, i messed the leaf spring, and i was going to take the leafs off the rear of a 2wd same body style(not 100% sure the year but same body style) and i wanted to know if they would fit on mine being the STX model, i know they have a little different suspension setup from the factory. im not worried about any streetable problems, my junk never sees the street unless its to get on the trailer.

Last edited:

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS!!

Yes they should work fine. The only difference I know of on the STX was that they had a factory lift installed back in the early years of production. It was called a highrider but it was not produced in your year IIRC. Even with the lift it was only some bracketry changes.

90rangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thank you for the reply,
It shouldnt make a different that mine is a ext cab and the other 2wd model is a SWB?

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Probably a little softer spring due to less weight in the standard cab truck. It would be better if you could get a set out of another ex-cab or even better a 91-94 explorer(preferably 4 door). The explorer springs would possibly give you a little(1-1.5 inch) lift also. Look in the tech library, I'm shure that the explorer spring swap is posted there.

90rangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I think I'm just gonna stick with the stock ones from a 2wd since I already have the truck. I bought belltch 6400 shackles for the rear,and for the front I'm gonna run a set of f150 coils that I have laying around. I'm just trying to do something quick for now so I can get it back out in the next few weeks.

Then with that 2wd I'm gonna convert it to 4wd and lift it and hopefully do a SAS

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals