• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 sliding rear window seal

croatankid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'll do it myself
I ordered a seal for my sliding rear sliding window and specified the wrong part. So I got the wrong part and sent it back to them at my expense which is only fair. So I ordered the right part. I received a package marked with the right part number and inside was the same part as I ordered the first time, i.e., a seal for a fixed widow.. So I called LMC and discussed the situation. They said they'd look into it. Then they said that they had to see if all their stock was marked wrong. Then they asked if I could send them pictures. So I sent pictures of my old seal, for a sliding rear window and their seal for a fixed window. They thanked me for the pictures and that they would look into it. After a few days I called and asked them to just send me a right part. They finally told me to keep the part they sent and that they would refund my money and to buy it else where. So here I am needing a part. Where else can I get a seal for a sliding rear window for a 90 ford ranger, std body, std cab.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
seems like you could have saved yourself some aggravation and gone to a place at does camper tops they pop those windows in and out all the time just saying, good luck!

croatankid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'll do it myself
I think I might get a friend to order one for me. I suspect all their stock is right and the one I got had been remarked and mismarked. I'll look into the camper shell idea too. Thanks!!

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Been in your shoes, but haven't tried to order a new seal... turns out there are a couple types of sliding windows for those years, some are smaller windows that just have a rim around the outside and use the one piece gasket and some are bigger windows that have a very wide gasket that sticks out the back which is what I'm guessing you have... I do have a spare rear window that is sitting in my garage which I've been meaning to put in my Ranger that has a broken slider pane... As long as both seals I have are the same and in good shape I'd be willing to part with one of the seals, from Northwest Rangers so not horrible sun damage... I'll try to get to that in a couple weeks if you are interested...

croatankid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'll do it myself
Thank you Scott for your gracious offer. I have two seals, one on the truck and one from the sliding window that I got from the junk yard. I wanted a new seal because, since I was there, so I won't need your seal. Do you think the old seal, if it's in good shape is ok to use? I'd hate to have a leak.

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Honestly the seal doesn't do all that much sealing, it's there to securely mount the window to the hole in the cab and has channels built in to keep any water that gets to the areas to the outside. As long as the rubber is pliable and not weather checked I'm pretty sure it will seal pretty well. For the last 7 years I've had a plexi glass sliding pane in my Ranger and it only leaks where it meets the other pane because I didn't do that great of job making a replacement without a template (it broke into 5 million pieces...), I got the window from a junkyard, put it in, in 2011 I rolled the Ranger which broke the pane (how it broke just that I have no idea), took it out to pull the roof skin to straighten that out, put it back in and it's doing good. Just make sure the drains for the window track are clear, that's going to be your biggest problem as moss will plug it up.

croatankid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'll do it myself
Thank you Scott for your thoughtful and informative response. I was thinking those drain holes were there for some reason. I went to my friendly mechanic and he assured me that my rubber was fine but that I should clean it with wd40. So, LMC, you can keep your seal, I'm using the old one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals