Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #11
rusty ol ranger

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Tetanus Awareness
My credo: A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
rusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura aboutrusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
3k and you have a police department?

Cops around here like to find spots like you describe and park behind bushes.
Nope. But lemme tell ya, they sure as hell are ready to write you a ticket for blocking the sidewalk, or harassing you about your trash can laying in the road (i literallg justt got home, had just parked the truck).

The only thing city hall cares about is making sure you clear snow and pay your city income tax (ask me how i know about how bad they wany their tax money).
Member since March 2002
rusty ol ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 03-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #12
Jim Oaks
Administrator

Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have a shitty police dept. When I was a Trooper, I'd sometimes have to sit in peoples driveways, or along a section of rural but residential roads, because people complained about speeders. I would usually just sit there for a 1/2 hour, unless I was getting a lot of bites. You never leave a good fishing hole.

There's no reason a police department can't have a car sit on your street for a few minutes each day until the problem goes away. Especially if you have a time frame when this is happening.

This may be an ego problem. Some departments don't want some 'civilians' telling them how to do their job. Just remember that the person running the police department (that's sworn to protect and serve) is appointed / hired by elected officials. Or, they're hired by a city manager, which is hired by elected officials. When the police department won't help, you need to put pressure on the elected officials. Get neighbors to go to your city council / town meetings, and lobby your complaints to the people you voted in to represent you. Make sure they know that if they can't get anything done, a more effective person can be voted in to replace them.

If that doesn't work:

Last edited by Jim Oaks; 03-16-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #13
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #14
rusty ol ranger

Vehicle Year: 1987
I use this vehicle for: Tetanus Awareness
My credo: A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
rusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura aboutrusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura about

Both of those are good ideas

Ive talked to the city manager, nothin gets done. I told the wife in two years when they reelect council im gonna run my damn self.

Of course, small towns dont like people bucking the norm, so id pry get impeached or whatever its called at a city level. I think you nailed it though jim, its them being arrogant
Member since March 2002
rusty ol ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #15
BDAB

Vehicle Year: 2014, 1984,1990
Vehicle Make: Dodge, Honda, F
Vehicle Model: Dart Rallye,V65 Magna, F150
I use this vehicle for: Dailyx2, Truck stuff
My credo: If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
BDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud of

Spike strips......
One time for a speeder I poured 5 pounds of sugar in his gas tank.....