• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wet Okole heater switch fuse locations?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm getting some Wet Okole custom seat covers with seat heaters dor my '01 Ranger and supposedly the heaters each need their power supply. I was going to put some switches in a filler panel by the air bag rectangular hole and then run some power back out to the fuse panel by the driver door. Any suggestions where to supply power for the switches?

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What kind of power supply do these seat covers have? are they designed to plug into an outlet or are they hard wired? If they are hard wired I would run a fused wire from the battery or from a 12v accessory wire on the fuse panel. If you run off the fuse panel make sure it kills the 12v when the key is off. Definitely want to have a fuse since you are running off 12v plus its cheaper to replace a fuse than the heaters.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am hoping to run wiring to the aux fuse panel left of the dash. I didn't know if there are specific fuses to look for. It does recommend each switch to have its own fuse, so I'd need 2 fuse spaces.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You can still tap into just one bank on the fuse panel and just run two separate wires, each with their own fuse. Either way, you are still pulling 12v from one source and out to the seats. How you wire it is up to you. I would just run off one bank and split the wires with a fuse on each wire. Keep the wiring tucked under the dash and make the fuses easy to get to.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals