• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch bump into transmission

orips66

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello all,

Any help would be appreciated

While stopped, in neutral and clutch pedal up at let's say at a red light (or stop and go traffic).....Ill press down the clutch when I see its time to prepare to engage in first gear....as I slowly let go of the clutch and rev up the throttle... I feel and hear a loud bump engage something. It's actually quite surprising to say the least....afterwards ill just depress the clutch and put it in gear and off I go. I don't have any problems in other gears or any other times. The Bronco II has a new engine and rebuilt transmission. Just started doing this and its been at least 8 months since new eng and tranny.

Your thoughts?

thank you

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

Motor mount or transmission/transfer case mount would be best guess

Open hood
Start engine
Put one foot on the brake, or set E-brake if it works well
Put other foot on clutch pedal and push it down
Put it in 1st
Then let out clutch pedal a bit and watch the engine under the gap in the hood
It will shift a bit but shouldn't lift up
Now do the same but in Reverse, watch engine, should torque the other way but not lift up

And if you hear the "clunk" at this time you may need a friend to look closer at motor or trans mounts while doing this test

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals