Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #11
ericbphoto
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger, 4X4, "Splash"
I use this vehicle for: around farm, around town, trail riding, rock crawling
My credo: In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
ericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really nice

Ya know how they say that the vortex in the sink or bathtub drain rotates the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere?

Well, maybe you can see if NASCAR drivers circle in the opposite direction down there, too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #12
Mark_88

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Dordge
Vehicle Model: Care A Van
I use this vehicle for: Space travel
My credo: Love Thy Neighbor
Mark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbphoto View Post
Ya know how they say that the vortex in the sink or bathtub drain rotates the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere?

Well, maybe you can see if NASCAR drivers circle in the opposite direction down there, too.

I recently read something about that saying it was only true if you hung upside down over the toilet like a bat..not that bats hang upside down over toilets unless they've been drinking...
1996 Ranger 2.5 (gone)

On-line manual link
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...94#post1581294
Mark_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #13
scotts90ranger

Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: holding down the driveway
scotts90ranger is a jewel in the roughscotts90ranger is a jewel in the roughscotts90ranger is a jewel in the rough

I've been down there for work, it is a cool area, just wish I wasn't as broke as I was back then... things are expensive... I think it was $40 for a case of beer (that's 24 beers for $40...), gas was similar but things were more than I could afford to have fun, and didn't have a lot of time for that...

On the toilet thing, their toilets are way different than ours, not much water in the bottom so no real swirling... never tried a sink, but apparently that's more of a function of the sink design as the rotational force of the earth isn't big enough to cause that...

Most of all, have fun! if you get a wild hare and end up where they do jet boat tours in New Zealand and by chance end up at K Jet for some reason, ask for Tony and tell him Scott from KEM said hi, LOL
Old 02-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #14
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Ranger
RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future

Back now, good time, and WARM weather, came back to snow on the ground :(
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #15
ericbphoto
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger, 4X4, "Splash"
I use this vehicle for: around farm, around town, trail riding, rock crawling
My credo: In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
ericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really nice

Welcome back.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:58 PM   #16
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '80
Vehicle Make: Ford, GMC
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Ranger, Grumman Kurbmaster
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, Work
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

Hope you have pics and some stories to tell.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:28 PM   #17
Mark_88

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Dordge
Vehicle Model: Care A Van
I use this vehicle for: Space travel
My credo: Love Thy Neighbor
Mark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond repute

The snow wasn't here before you came back...it followed you...

Welcome back...
1996 Ranger 2.5 (gone)

On-line manual link
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...94#post1581294
Mark_88 is offline   Reply With Quote