Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
rusty ol ranger

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Tetanus Awareness
My credo: A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
rusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura aboutrusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura about
Default Speeders....rant...

Ever since getting married and moving out of the country into town to appease the wife (oh the things we will do) ive had numerous issues, not crime, its a safe, small town of about 2000 people, but out of how bad the city pisses me off with their stupid rules, one thing really gets me...

All these damn idiots flying down my 25mph residential street upwards of 45mph. Its a narrow street, and sometimes i park in the street (so i dont have to wake up to move the 77 cause the wife dont understand pump twice, crank, pump again, start)...

I have been getting plate numbers and vehicle descriptions, notified city hall, the police dept, etc and nothing is getting done. My neighbor, who actually used to be a cop in town has also been complaining, and nothing gets done. Hell, i told the cheif to station a patrol right in my driveway, i dont care. Yet nothing gets done.

Im not sure if i should bother the county/state police with this matter or what. Im seriously about ready to go buy some land back from my dad (who actually is now in my old house) and live in my friggin camper.

Im not trying to be the crusty old guy, but damnit, i dont want my vehicles gettin smashed (even in the driveway itd be possible if someone lost control or something), or be sittin in the living room and end up with a trailblazer blocking the TV.

Any advice?
Member since March 2002
rusty ol ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 03-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
ericbphoto
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger, 4X4, "Splash"
I use this vehicle for: around farm, around town, trail riding, rock crawling
My credo: In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
ericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really nice

Any advice

Have another beer and turn up the volume on the tv.

Honestly. I used to have the same problem before I moved. There were little kids on my street - sometimes literally.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future

Speed bumps are used in my area, not expensive for a city to install
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Get a supply of dead dogs and cats. When you see a speeder coming throw one out in the road for them to hit.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

I identify as an attack helicopter.

I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #5
RonD

RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
Get a supply of dead dogs and cats. When you see a speeder coming throw one out in the road for them to hit.
Not a bad idea, and it got me thinking about one of my pet peeves

"Looky Loo's", those people who slow down to look at "anything" on a highway, bringing me and everyone else down to a crawl.

So get a wrecked car, put it on the street with a flashing light, and BIG sign that says "Nothing to see here, maintain speed"
That will slow the MORONS down

Last edited by RonD; 03-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
ericbphoto
Supporting Member

My credo: In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
ericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really nice

I always thought it would be fun to shoot the speeders with a paint ball gun. I was usually busy with something and didn't have time to prepare for that. You never know they're coming until it's too late. I guess it could have started a fight, too.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
fastpakr
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1999
fastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbphoto View Post
I always thought it would be fun to shoot the speeders with a paint ball gun. I was usually busy with something and didn't have time to prepare for that. You never know they're coming until it's too late. I guess it could have started a fight, too.

Paint mine?
Old 03-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #8
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute

3k and you have a police department?

Cops around here like to find spots like you describe and park behind bushes.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #9
RonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
3k and you have a police department?

Cops around here like to find spots like you describe and park behind bushes.
That's just for sex

Police departments have used "cardboard" cut outs of a policeman holding radar gun, kinda behind a bush but enough showing to slow down drivers
Old 03-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
ericbphoto
Supporting Member

I've seen places around here park a patrol car with a mannequin dressed as an officer sitting behind the wheel.