Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future
Default They are INVISIBLE but still don't get it

Pedestrians, bicycle riders, and motor cycle riders are IN-F*ing-VISIBLE to car and truck drivers

Not sure why this concept escapes people who CHOOSE to walk or ride with or near where cars and trucks are driving.
Heck many drivers don't see another car or truck..............so which part of this is confusing?????

"They should pay more attention", YOU ARE INVISIBLE!!!!, so how would paying more attention work????

I rode motorcycles for many years on the street, I have been cut off squeezed, and otherwise ignored, lol, because I was invisible.

My brother in-law decided he would start riding a motorcycle on the street and was ranting on about car and truck drivers not seeing him.............

I told him you CHOSE to be INVISIBLE when you got on the motorcycle and then drove on the street.
If you don't want to be invisible then drive a car or a truck, this is not hard stuff to learn.
He thinks the Laws of Physics() should change because he now rides a motorcycle.
I told him you have cut off plenty of motorcycles in your time driving a car or truck, you just didn't notice because.....................they were INVISIBLE

Rant over
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 08-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
rusty ol ranger

Vehicle Year: 1987
I use this vehicle for: Tetanus Awareness
My credo: A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
rusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura aboutrusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura about

Dude i drive a semi...a big blue peterbilt with tons of lights...pulling a shiny ass stainless tanker. Im invisible as well. (Until i hit the air horn )

What aggravates me is these spandex clad lance armstrong wannabees riding in the middle of a traffic lane.
Member since March 2002
rusty ol ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:56 AM   #3
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute

Try a tractor...

When I lived in town if sucked running the gauntlet across town to the annual tractor show. They have a foot race going at the same time. 5k lbs of iron painted orange and nobody could see me.

Cars/pickups get stupid around farm equipment too...

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
fastpakr
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1999
fastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty ol ranger View Post
Dude i drive a semi...a big blue peterbilt with tons of lights...pulling a shiny ass stainless tanker. Im invisible as well. (Until i hit the air horn )

What aggravates me is these spandex clad lance armstrong wannabees riding in the middle of a traffic lane.
Bikes are supposed to be in the lane when there's not a dedicated spot for them. When possible, you edge further to the side to allow someone to pass when it's safe for them to do so, but them being in the lane is the safest option most of the time.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
rusty ol ranger

rusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura aboutrusty ol ranger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpakr View Post
Bikes are supposed to be in the lane when there's not a dedicated spot for them. When possible, you edge further to the side to allow someone to pass when it's safe for them to do so, but them being in the lane is the safest option most of the time.
In my town theres no bike lane, but there is a sidewalk that bikes can ride. IMO thats where their asses belong. If it aint got a motor get it off the road.
Member since March 2002
Old 08-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
fastpakr
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1999
fastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the rough

In most places bikes aren't allowed on the sidewalk. Check your local regulations, but they're probably required to use the street.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #7
rusty ol ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpakr View Post
In most places bikes aren't allowed on the sidewalk. Check your local regulations, but they're probably required to use the street.
Fine they can use the street, but i dont care if you are pretending youre training for the tour de france or not, if theres 20 cars behind you stop and pull off.

Worse then the amish.
Member since March 2002
Old 08-31-2018, 12:59 PM   #8
Doofy
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1998
I use this vehicle for: retirement rig
Doofy will become famous soon enough

Since our motorcycles and bicycles are only on the roads about 4 months of the year, I must pay special attention to even see them. Also, since we are surrounded by spruce forests, I have trouble seeing green cars.
Doofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:15 PM   #9
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '80
Vehicle Make: Ford, GMC
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Ranger, Grumman Kurbmaster
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, Work
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty ol ranger View Post
In my town theres no bike lane, but there is a sidewalk that bikes can ride. IMO thats where their asses belong. If it aint got a motor get it off the road.
I agree! If a bicycle and a pedestrian get in an accident it's much less damage than a car or truck and a bike.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #10
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future

Our town has put in bikes lanes all over, yet there is still no registration process for bike riders to pay for these bike lanes????

Paved roads are paid for by car and truck owners, so are FOR car and truck owners
Side streets are one thing, main roads are no place for bicycles, if they want to register and license the bike, like a motorcycle, then we can talk about riding on main roads.

Riding a horse or a bike is an entertainment a "hobby", these WERE forms of transportation 200+ years ago, not any more.

If you ride a bike to compute to work or for "transportation" then you do so because you like it, its entertaining to you, or your driver's license was suspended, lol.

I don't understand it, wanting to ride a bicycle, but I also don't understand "going to the gym", so I am out of date, but still don't think a bicycle should be allowed on main roads, take side streets, or walk or take the bus.
Keep your "hobby" from inconveniencing everyone else.

Two things can happen when a car or truck has an accident with a pedestrian, a bicyclist or motorcyclist
1. Pedestrian, bicyclist or motorcyclist is injured or maimed
2. Pedestrian, bicyclist or motorcyclist is killed

People in the car or truck are rarely hurt

And driver of the car or truck never saw the person they hit, because they are INVISIBLE

Last edited by RonD; 09-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote