• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Majorburns 5.0 long term project are they really ever done lol

proz07

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.3l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Don't you mean a 3/4-5 drop? That's the DJM kit right? FLIP the rear with 3" I beams in the front. I just ripped my suspension out of my 88 to install the exact same setup but I'll be swapping in an explorer 8.8.

What size rims and tires? I'LL be running 17x8 w/ 245 50 17r

MY driver side spring bolt I was able to get out probably from all the PS fluid dripped all over it over the years. BUT he passenger side I had to use my 20T press to get it out.

I love the look hope mine ends up the same. DID you mini c-notch the rear frame or no?

majorburns

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
the choices people make when no one is around reveals their true colors
Don't you mean a 3/4-5 drop? That's the DJM kit right? FLIP the rear with 3" I beams in the front. I just ripped my suspension out of my 88 to install the exact same setup but I'll be swapping in an explorer 8.8.

What size rims and tires? I'LL be running 17x8 w/ 245 50 17r

MY driver side spring bolt I was able to get out probably from all the PS fluid dripped all over it over the years. BUT he passenger side I had to use my 20T press to get it out.

I love the look hope mine ends up the same. DID you mini c-notch the rear frame or no?
its 5" drop in the front djm beams and beltech 2" springs :p
and im only estimating that the back got lowered 7 in the rear because it used to sit higher in the rear then i lowered it and now the back sits slightly lower which i kind of like anyways might raise the rear an inch

the rims are 17" there stock from a 01 mustang gt

and i did not mini c-notch the frame it rides fine as long as nothing is in the bed me and my friend sitting on the tail gate will have the frame resting on the axle

also i hope you have better luck with the explorer 8.8 then i did because i went to put one in and there was no way it was going to fit and be as low as i wanted its 3 inches wider then my stock 7.5 rear end i need to get the long tube on the explorer axle shortened the required amount

Last edited:

proz07

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.3l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Gotcha, yeah i wont be doing the lowering springs just the I-beams and 8.8 rear. Yeah the 8.8 rear is longer but all it takes is to cut down the driver side. I have the means and ability to do it myself so thers no worries. I could actually use it as is with some machined spacers as my 17" have a 45 offset but im still going to shorten it as my current wheels are temporary.

thanks for the info on the setup. was the rear just a flip then? if it was i may have to get some longer shackles as i dont want quite that much drop especially if my front wont be that low.

z

proz07

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.3l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Well after more looking and staring at my truck I decided the way yours sits is where it should be with the I beams and Belltech springs. So ive gone ahead and ordered the belltech 2" lowering springs and will be flipping the shackle mounts to get the additional 2 " in the back.

One question for you though is, is there rubbing up front? Did you have to adjust the fender liner at all? And what tire size are you running up front?

Z

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals