• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Skyjacker class II 6" tire fitment pics

RICO9

07/2014 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Transmission
Manual
Looks good! Do you have any pics of the custom dash? looks pretty cool!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
4x4junkie Thanks for the link. I may see if the shop can make an arm while im getting it aligned. I just measured it out and even the "extreme" drop arm wont be long enough. Can you think of any other fix's besides a whole new steering setup?
The FA600 drop arm is usually adequate for a 6" lift, though as you noted, it still isn't perfect. Having an even bigger arm on there would be torture on your steering gear though (I definitely wouldn't recommend it).

Next-easiest option would be taking a Superlift Superrunner steering kit and modding it (or building something yourself loosely modeled after Superlift's K-Link design). This typically works best IMO for a trail truck, and is what I run on mine. I don't see much reason to go crossover/swingset unless you plan to be jumping it or pushing it to it's limits at speed.

You might poke around a bit through the Steering section here, we've had a few members who have built various setups, many of which have worked well for them. At least you can get some ideas. :icon_thumby:

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
i Appreciate all the info. I will jump it once in a while....just to see. but until i do the 302/dana 35/8.8 im most likely not going to do anything serious....unless I break something..then all bets r off...lol. i cant believe the "extreme drop pitman arm is soo freakin expensive....its almost as if they "corporate companies" planned it that way.... bastards!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals