• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ingersoll-Rand 2135TiMAX 1/2" Air Impact Wrench

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
Well, cruising the tool product review forum I noticed it looks kinda light so I thought I would add one.

I have an IR 2135TiMAX 1/2" Air Impact Wrench. Awesome. I've only had it for a few months but have used impacts from this same series over many years. I believe this is the best value in impact wrenches and at around $260+ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WMN2GU/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it better be pretty good! There are more expensive ones out there but I don't think you get a whole lot more for the money. This one effortlessly removed bolts that would have made me cringe before when using my older 1/2" Craftsman Impact Wrench (and still end up taking a breaker bar and cheater pipe to it). It still surprises me how easy it takes rusted bolts out, I haven't broken out the breaker bar since I've owned it. This thing puts out 780 ft-lbs of torque, enough to break the dang bolt if it doesn't want to come out!

Well worth the money to me. And, I shopped around quite a bit before buying this one and this was one of only a couple that were Assembled in USA, everything else was China junk.

So, everyone should buy one of these fine impact wrenches and make yourself very happy knowing it will do what you need it to and you're supporting US manufacturing!

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I've had this for several months now and it's still performing great. I haven't come across a nut yet it couldn't handle.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
ive got one as well an its been a damn good impact. my gf bought me a new aircat 1150 for xmas.. compared to the ir the aircat has a lot more grunt..... it HAS taken out bolts the ir couldnt. only downfall i dont like about it is the trigger. you can feather the ir trigger and the aircat not so much..

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I've had mine for 5 years or so. Completely satisfied, use it everyday. Holds up to shop air 150/175psi. Every once in a while have to pull out the breaker bar, but not too often.

Last year I did have to put a trigger valve assembly in it. The trigger pin got bent and jammed internally, I've seen that issue on a few 3/8 guns but mines the only 1/2 I've heard of it happening to.

Dunno about the same model, might upgrade when it comes time for a new one, but I will only buy IR tools.

I've done this once on my 1/2", twice on my 3/8". (3/8" pictured)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals