• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headlight Issue

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I recently bought a Bronco II to cruise around in while I work on my 76' Volkswagen Westfalia. The issue i'm having is that the headlights will flicker and turn off after I hit the highbeam/turn signal switch. I switched out the headlight switch already which fixed the instrument lights, also the turn signals work fine and the fuse is okay. Basically my question is if I go and drop $60 on a new turn signal assembly will that fix my problem? Is there a common wire issue in Bronco II's? I'm hoping to get this fixed by tomorrow night so I can drive to Philly for a Flyers game:icon_thumby:
Thanks,
The Fonz

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I recently bought a Bronco II to cruise around in while I work on my 76' Volkswagen Westfalia. The issue i'm having is that the headlights will flicker and turn off after I hit the highbeam/turn signal switch. I switched out the headlight switch already which fixed the instrument lights, also the turn signals work fine and the fuse is okay. Basically my question is if I go and drop $60 on a new turn signal assembly will that fix my problem? Is there a common wire issue in Bronco II's? I'm hoping to get this fixed by tomorrow night so I can drive to Philly for a Flyers game:icon_thumby:
Thanks,
The Fonz
Sometimes the ground connection goes bad, each side is grounded separately on the radiator support.

fordfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
In my 88 Ranger, the wires came 'loose' about twice a year in the steering column (found this out after replacing the HL switch and having the problem recur), so hubby eventually got a wire 'receiver' from the junkie and spliced it in (inside the column)to hold the whole thing tightly. The old clip was just worn-maybe that's your problem?

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I ended up getting a new headlight switch and turn signal switch. The connection to the turn signal switch was fried so I replaced that too, instrument lights came right on : )

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals