• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 4.0 radiator in a 99 3.0?

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Got halfway to work this morning and my temp guage was pegged and a white cloud following me. It was 6 below this morning and I think my thermostat stuck and cracked my radiator from the pressure...

Found a 2 inch crack on the passenger side plastic end cap. Dumped some black pepper in it after filling the rad back up with coolant and made it the 10 miles back home with no issues.

I have 3 99 ranger parts trucks, and I have a rad from a 4.0 already off so I was wondering if it would fit on my 3.0? My research shows that it probably will.

saskbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have 3 99 ranger parts trucks, and I have a rad from a 4.0 already off so I was wondering if it would fit on my 3.0? My research shows that it probably will.
Sorry don't know definitive answer, but if you have the part right there, hold it up and do a visual. If the hose sizes are right and connections are in the right place you are probably golden. I can't believe they would run different rad supports for different engines, and you have access to any mounting hardware that might be different...

RangerMax

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Per AutoZone's website, the radiator for a '99 Ranger 2WD 3.0 and a '99 Ranger 2WD 4.0 are the same part number. If you are to believe AutoZone, you're good to go.

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys.

Yep, they are indeed the same. Got it all put back together and took a medium ride to see if anything else went pop. (head gasket)

No issues as of yet, so off to work again at 5 in the morning. Hopefully it wont be 10 below like it was this morning.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals