• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

camber caster bushings

cstarbard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It do like it be
I just finished aligning my Ranger on the stock camber caster bushings. I was able to get 0 degrees camber on both wheels finally (which is how I wanted to set it), but in doing so, I maxed out the stock camber caster bushing on the passenger side. Which means I don't have any caster, correct? Other than what is built into the axle beam itself, if any? In order to keep 0 degrees of camber the driver side, I had to rotate the bushing such that the ball joint stud was farther back towards the rear of the vehicle, which means I have more positive caster on that side. The toe is set to 1/16" in on both sides, and the truck drives the best it ever has, but there is a slow to moderate drift to the passenger side with no hands on the wheel. Am I correct in assuming this is an effect of the 0 degrees of caster on the passenger side?

I'm assuming my camber bushings are original, and they say 1.30 on them. Does this translate to 1.3 degrees max adjustment?

Not knowing what my stock bushings equate to in terms of degree change, but realizing that my passenger side bushing is maxed out, I'm wondering what degree aftermarket bushing you would recommend to me? I'm looking for the kind that allows independent adjustment of caster vs. camber.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
A drift to the right generally means you need more caster angle on that side (although unequal camber can cause it to drift as well).

This is why I recommend the 2-piece fully-adjustable bushings (Moog K80109, Raybestos 6122025, ACDelco 45K6525, etc.), there's no need to swap them out every time you want to change something, you just find what your approximate current setting is on the included chart, then follow the column or row over to the setting you want to change it to. Reindex the bushing accordingly, stick it back in (if you removed it), tighten things up, done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals