Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Engine & Transmission Forums > Transmissions

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
sept987

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
sept987 is on a distinguished road
Default Had 4r44e rebuilt last week and still have issues!

After having the trans rebuilt completely, I still experience a slip from 2nd to 3rd. He said that the bands and everything are spec'd out like the book says, but I saw on here that maybe he should tighten them more? Also when I am driving on the highway and go from 3rd to overdrive, the tranny kinda stalls for a minute and then shifts, leaving me with a blinking o/d light.

I'll get the o/d light scanned and stuff, but am mostly wondering if I should keep the bands spec'd or get it tightened a little more. Any ideas on the o/d is appreciated though.

As always, thanks for your insights.
sept987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
mhughes165

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: crawling over jeeps
mhughes165 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mhughes165

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept987 View Post
After having the trans rebuilt completely, I still experience a slip from 2nd to 3rd. He said that the bands and everything are spec'd out like the book says, but I saw on here that maybe he should tighten them more? Also when I am driving on the highway and go from 3rd to overdrive, the tranny kinda stalls for a minute and then shifts, leaving me with a blinking o/d light.

I'll get the o/d light scanned and stuff, but am mostly wondering if I should keep the bands spec'd or get it tightened a little more. Any ideas on the o/d is appreciated though.

As always, thanks for your insights.
take it to a different trans guy and bring the guy that built it first the bill, he didnt do the job correctly, the symptons you are describing is that transmission on its way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrucksGetDirty View Post
Its like a real fine woman with all the STDs of the world. Sexy to look at, not fun to get into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
We don't discriminate against fags here. You like Kojak, then by gawd get some posters of balding men and wear yourself out. Just don't post pictures.
mhughes165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
shane96ranger

Vehicle Year: 1997 / 1989
Vehicle Model: F150 XLT / Mustang GT
I use this vehicle for: Everything / The war on imports
shane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Im betting he didn't go through the valve body. The 2-3 flare is valve body related. The flashing OD light will have a code, probably a solenoid or the EPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammert609@yahoo.com View Post
I am being told by family an friends my truck is a piece of shit
shane96ranger is offline   Reply With Quote