• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dreaded CM code 157 along with KOEO 111(PASS)

m411b

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0+0.020
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Level
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31x10.5R15
My credo
If you don't set your mind free, you will never enjoy real freedom.
Dunno!

I'm f'ing stumped.

KOEO code 111 and then CM code 157.

What I've done:

Continuity check all wires and connectors - OK
Replace MAF - OK
Replace ECM - OK
Replaced IAC - OK
Replaced ECT - OK
Replaced TPS - OK

Everything tests OK..

The truck runs rough after idling down upon first start. Truck runs the same with or without the MAF plugged in. Back probed SIG and GND wires with multimeter and get nothing. Not even getting 12-15v reading between red power wire and ground. The ground is good. It shorts to the frame. This is the third MAF sensor I've tried with the same result every time. I've checked the MAF connector and even clamped the pins inside the connector shut a little to make sure they were making contact with the pins on the MAF and they are.

I've followed every suggestion online that I can find and nothing fixes the issue. I have no idea at this point and I'm 100% sure this forum and every other Ranger forum on the net is tired of seeing this issue. This seems to be a pretty large problem from what I can tell and it seems to me that one issue is causing all these trucks to do the same thing. But no one has fixed it or has posted a definite fix.

When I do a KOER test, all it does is throw the 998 code. Which is useless. No other code is present and it does not complete the tests in KOER. So all I can do is KOEO and beat my multimeter up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just a shade tree mechanic with some schooling and minimal tools. I have enough to get the job done and correctly. But nothing I do makes any difference at all. :sad:

Thanks so much in advance for any help y'all can provide.

If this is in the wrong forum section, I apologize.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals