• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Funniest Repair Orders you've seen?

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is for those who work in a shop or work somewhere where you get Work/Repair Orders. What's some of the dumbest one's you have seen?

I got one this week on a 2008 Altima with CVT transmission. The customer told the service advisor that "the vehicle dosn't shift, builds up RPM's too high and feels like it is slipping when pushing the gas harder." I looked at the ticket, drove the car for a min (just to make it look like I did some work) and wrote "Customer described perfectly working CVT transmission."

It was one of those incidents where you have to laugh at the customer, obviously the guy didn't read up on the car before he purchased it.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I dont work in a shop but I was in line at the local napa store and the guy in front of me was trying to get the man to order an oem CARBURETOR for his 01 Dodge neon.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
"cust. states dead cat under intake manifold. request removal"

the unlucky technician that ended up working on this guys '05 4.0 mustang spent 4 hours removing the upper intake manifold where a cat had crawled up and gotten stuck, and cleaning the rotting carcass out. at one point, he grabbed the cats tail and lifted up, only to lift out the tail, part of the backbone, and a gob of maggots.

arty had a good sense of humor about the whole situation though. he summed up his actions on the back of the RO: "removed cat.". thats it.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
"cust. states dead cat under intake manifold. request removal"

the unlucky technician that ended up working on this guys '05 4.0 mustang spent 4 hours removing the upper intake manifold where a cat had crawled up and gotten stuck, and cleaning the rotting carcass out. at one point, he grabbed the cats tail and lifted up, only to lift out the tail, part of the backbone, and a gob of maggots.

arty had a good sense of humor about the whole situation though. he summed up his actions on the back of the RO: "removed cat.". thats it.
good god that would suck.

I've had a couple funny ones.

My buddy traded in his '04 GTO at a local dealership after owning it a year. Someone at the dealership proceeded to goof off in the lot with it, and slam it into 2 brand new Jeep Compasses. They sent all 3 vehicles to the body shop I worked at.

Another one was a drunk driving accident with a Jeep Liberty. The woman hit a pole on the front passenger side, wasn't wearing a seat belt, slammed her head into the windshield (evidenced by all the hair stuck in the glass), and then she puked all over the passenger floorboard. Its a good thing it was a total and we didn't have to clean up that mess.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
while in the marine corps a pilot came in and said his radio wouldn't work with the switch in the O F F posistion

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
while in the marine corps a pilot came in and said his radio wouldn't work with the switch in the O F F posistion
hats off to our wonderful public schools

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The military is so full of acronyms I could see that happening.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Had a customer drive a car into the shop my buddy owned that took 2 days to drain the oil. Just globs of greasy looking crap would come out. Spray with carb clean let it sit till another gob came out then repeat the whole process. Remember this car drove in under its own power......

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
lol, that "remove cat" is a good one. Anyone hear work on AG or heavy equipment. My buddy works a Tormont and he always gets stuck working on the magot wagons. Im in an ag shop where one of our biggest customers is a company that spreads liquified shit. Fun stuff to work on.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
When i worked a a local Ford dealer I got an RO handed to me that said "Cust states car accelerates to quickly"
Turns out the an older woman traded in her Festiva for a bottom of the line Focus... The car was a dog.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
I saw a guy at the RV store ask if he could tow a 5th wheel camper trailer with his suburban.

Only in America can idiots live to old age.
Too bad they could have sold him one...

jonsranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i had one when i worked at goodyear,

customer states hard to stop.

i pulled the wheels off, the front rotors were worn so bad the only thing left was the ventalation ribs, the pads and backs were long gone, the calipers were so mangled from hitting the ribs i couldnt tell what they were, on the back, there was no shoe material just the backing plates with holes worn in them no self adjuster in one side and only 1 spring in the other. she had to get new front wheels and a complete brake system, i think the bill was over 3k.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Around the time the Taurus came out, ie. before most of you guys were born. ford had a problem with brake rotors. The usual complaint was that the rear brakes were locking up, closer inspection however revealed that the front rotors that looked like new were no longer connected to the centre hub.

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
At the shooting range where I use to work, I saw a guy with a brand new black powder revolver and he was trying to load it like a muzzle loader and it look like he was putting the same amount of powder in it as you would for a rifle. I tell the boss and he said go run the trap, and later I here a loud bang and the yelling. the guy ended up trying to shoot it, and it went off and took out the vent fan, so we had to buy a new one, the old one was only 5 months old.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had one from, you guys will love this, a Prius owner that complained that his gas mileage decreased in hilly areas. Well, no shit. We also get tons of people coming in because their TPMS light is on just to find out that they never bothered to check the tires.

Also had an F-150 that came in with the owner complaining of a grinding noise and decreased gas mileage. Stupid redneck left the parking brake on for "probably close to 6 weeks" as he described.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals