• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Camper Shell Help ???

suzuki14258

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ive decided i want to put a camper top on my truck. I know very little about them, i just know i want one that the side windows slide, preferably the front window against the cab also. I want a brand that will not leak. If yal could post pictures and brands that would really help. I also want to put a roof rack on it.

Im not sure whose ranger this is, but it has inspired me

Is raven a good brand? I cant find a website for them.

jeffw920

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have one made by leer that matches perfectly with sonic blue. I dont know what color your truck is but if you're interested in a used one in good shape PM me. Oh and to answer the original question, mine didn't leak at all and had sliding side windows and was very sturdy, leer definitely makes good caps

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a cap for camping..... so much easier to throw crap in and better when its raining. i dont normally leave it on though. i just bought this one and fix it up. it was white chalky color and peeling with a broken back window and broken latches. all better now though! although i want to sell it and buy an aluminum one with a ladder rack for my canoe.

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sorry about the absolutly crap picture.... sometimes my cells camera is terrible.

suzuki14258

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have one made by leer that matches perfectly with sonic blue. I dont know what color your truck is but if you're interested in a used one in good shape PM me. Oh and to answer the original question, mine didn't leak at all and had sliding side windows and was very sturdy, leer definitely makes good caps
Pm sent

Pillen 140 that is a nice truck!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I had one like Pillen has in his pic...they are nice because they step up at the back and allow more head room when loading stuff...or just sitting back there...and mine had two roof racks on the back end, but not good for carrying a ladder...you would need to modify that style with a brace at the front...

They are also incredibly strong...but I wouldn't put too much on them...a ladder should be fine on any cap since they are light and the weight would be nicely distributed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals