• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Grill Guard

dda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Where and what can I find for a front grill guard for my 1988 Bronco II XLT
Thanks for any assistance

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS. First off what kind of grill guard. If it is me its called tubing bender and welder.

Also since you are new I won't pounce on you... Please try the search button. You will get many answers and ideas.

dda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
So So sorry wow

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You can get them lots of places. Junk yards, swap meets, car shows...

Well, I guess you can get them in 3 places. Maybe. 4 if you count craigslist and ebay, well 5. I guess 4 because those are both on the internet which is technically one place, but they are different sites on the internet, so I guess it's 5.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
First, welcome to TRS.

I'm pretty sure panamaexpat wasn't being a douche, which is what your answer implied. The problem is that a lot of new people don't search before asking questions....and before you get riled up, I know that the search button isn't the be-all it's cracked up to be. You could have searched and found nothing, unfortunately we can't tell.
So panama did the best he could; he gave an answer saying what he would do in case you did search. And he politely let you know there is a search button in case you didn't know there was one. I know when I first started on this site it was quite overwhelming and I didn't know there was a search function for quite a while. What I'm trying to do is prevent a war because the regulars here like each other and try to stand up for each other. I hope that you become part of that group.

As far as the grill guard, I don't think they are commercially produced anymore. So adsm08 suggestions or #6, get it custom made.
happy hunting,

Richard

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Also, Panama lives in Panama, where you can't just go buy everything off the shelf like you can in the US. He was saying he'd just make one for himself.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys for soothing the wounds I inadvertently inflicted on the new guy. DDA sorry if I seemed a bit short. Was not my intention to be that way. I am not the most social of people. I will help you whenever I can and I know that there are literally hundreds of pics of different grill guards on the site. That was why I suggested the search button. Once you get some ideas then ask and we can better guide you.

Asdm was right .... unless I run across a wreck (not very likely) or even if I do the guy will want twice the price of new for it so I just break out the tools and make it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And for the record with the exposed bumper bolts and general bricklike shape the first generation Ranger is probably the easiest Ranger to make a grille guard for.

Four pieces of angle iron for mounts (scrapped out IH field disk), two pipes (new) and some 3/8" plate (wagon dump hoist) and I made my own.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
So So sorry wow
My turn...POUNCE!!!!! Search.......lol

Fab section has some great photos of many grill guards. James Duff has what you can use (early Ford bolt on stuff).

Welcome to the site and don't forget to SEARCH!!!!.....lol

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
I have a black one like 85-Ranger has. Dont know weight or shipping costs , or what its worth even.

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I got mine off craigslist, its a old warn transformer. you pretty much have to keeping looking and jump at them thy do move fast

Ranger1776

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
building one comes down to whether you want it to follow the body lines, like 85_Ranger 4x4 said (sweet Ranger by the way!) the brick rangers are easy to make one for, i have a 94 and i mimicked the angles of the grille into it and the wheel well... thats about as far as the continuity goes on my bumper. mines about 150 bucks worth of steel, took me 3 nights to make... but i would definitely say build, or have someone build you one, you can start with one of those cow catcher center pieces and build off of it...

Attachments

dda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Thanks All

Sorry, new to this stuff, no offense taken, Thanks for all of the help.

blown87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know this is real old, but i'm looking for one for my 87 Ranger with no luck. Anyone have a good one they'd be willing to part with? I'm in SE MO.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
building one comes down to whether you want it to follow the body lines, like 85_Ranger 4x4 said (sweet Ranger by the way!) the brick rangers are easy to make one for, i have a 94 and i mimicked the angles of the grille into it and the wheel well... thats about as far as the continuity goes on my bumper. mines about 150 bucks worth of steel, took me 3 nights to make... but i would definitely say build, or have someone build you one, you can start with one of those cow catcher center pieces and build off of it...
how much does that thing weigh? looks like it would weigh 200 pounds but that depends on what gauge steel you used. Looks really flat too, you should have angled the top part just a little, then it wouldn't look so flat. just my opinion.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals