• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

World of Warships

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
77 years ago today...

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I remember in Battle Stations Pacific one of the first missions on the Japanese Campaign is the attack at Pearl and sinking Arizona is one of your main objectives while doing the attack on Battle Ship Row stage of the mission.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have been learning a painful lesson in this game this week.

Stay away from Japanese ships unless you like dying uselessly. I basically paid out 12K free XP to mostly skip the worthless Myogi BB and get to the Hosho. Now I have to re-learn my plane tactics because Japanese planes are made of rice paper.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And that says something when the AA on the ships of that time is basically guys with slingshots.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I will have to get on this week sometime. I have been playing farming sim 19. Now I am starting on a carport.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
And that says something when the AA on the ships of that time is basically guys with slingshots.
AA loses in terms of total planes is similar, but when you have wings of four planes with Japanese ships, vs 6 or 7 with American ships that loss of one or two means a lot more.

Also, with the plane HP being so low, and there only being 4 vs the 6 or 7 US planes if I get paired my Hosho vs a US Bouge and they are the only carriers I am useless. The Bouge's fighters have time to take out my fighters, catch up to the bombers, and kill them before they drop their torpedoes.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will have to get on this week sometime. I have been playing farming sim 19. Now I am starting on a carport.
I hope you are not to the part where it rained all fall until it snowed and you can't pick all your soybeans... 'cause that is where I am at. :icon_twisted:

AA loses in terms of total planes is similar, but when you have wings of four planes with Japanese ships, vs 6 or 7 with American ships that loss of one or two means a lot more.

Also, with the plane HP being so low, and there only being 4 vs the 6 or 7 US planes if I get paired my Hosho vs a US Bouge and they are the only carriers I am useless. The Bouge's fighters have time to take out my fighters, catch up to the bombers, and kill them before they drop their torpedoes.
Real world the Bogue carried more planes than the Hosho (10 vs 24). It is a little shorter but almost twice the beam, that is going to be a tough fight.

To be fair though, the Lexington class carriers are about the same age as the Hosho so it could have been worse:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I hope you are not to the part where it rained all fall until it snowed and you can't pick all your soybeans... 'cause that is where I am at. :icon_twisted:
Wouldn't that be Farm Sim 18, or are they numbered by the year they came out for, not the year they simulate?

Real world the Bogue carried more planes than the Hosho (10 vs 24). It is a little shorter but almost twice the beam, that is going to be a tough fight.

To be fair though, the Lexington class carriers are about the same age as the Hosho so it could have been worse:

Yeah, I get that the US carriers were bigger, especially early on, its just a really mismatched set for the entry level carriers. It bad enough that really the only way it should be done is mixed doubles, or a one to one. One Bouge and one Hosho on each team, or match against the same ship.

The really frustrating thing is that then two tiers later the issue is reversed with the Ryujo and Indy, so I am stuck on the losing end with both my carriers.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wouldn't that be Farm Sim 18, or are they numbered by the year they came out for, not the year they simulate?
Not sure how the computer games work out, I am in 2018's season yet though. Combine was sliding down the hill sideways trying to finish up. Couple more good rains and now it is standing in 4" of snow. Which is supposed to melt today and make more mud. Hopefully it gets cold enough to freeze the ground after this (it is still muddy under the snow)

If harvest ever gets over with then I can drag my truck to work and finish the floorpan. :annoyed:

Yeah, I get that the US carriers were bigger, especially early on, its just a really mismatched set for the entry level carriers. It bad enough that really the only way it should be done is mixed doubles, or a one to one. One Bouge and one Hosho on each team, or match against the same ship.

The really frustrating thing is that then two tiers later the issue is reversed with the Ryujo and Indy, so I am stuck on the losing end with both my carriers.
Their tier thing doesn't always work out.

Like the Colorado is a nice battleship... so lets pit it against Scharnhorsts and Bismarcks. :annoyed:

They are slightly more accurate at distance and the secondaries will shred you close range... for even more fun some of them have torps to end the suffering faster. And you can't even run away because they are faster. :annoyed:

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Not sure how the computer games work out, I am in 2018's season yet though. Combine was sliding down the hill sideways trying to finish up. Couple more good rains and now it is standing in 4" of snow. Which is supposed to melt to day and make more mud. Hopefully it gets cold enough to freeze the ground after this (it is still muddy under the snow)
It could always be worse. PA lost almost all of it's soy crop this year to the weather. It was so wet the beans got moldy on the plant.

I am having my own botanical issues. More arboreal really. I know I am going to run out of wood so I started cutting up a locust tree that has been down at the edge of my yard for at least the three years I have been here. It looked good at the ends when I cut into it, so I threw a chunk in the stove, and it didn't burn. It's still green inside, it was just frozen.

I'm still going to cut it up, I'll just have to wait until next year to use it.

I also dropped a big piece on my big toe yesterday, while wearing slippers (why do these things never happen when I am wearing something with a safety toe?), stupid thing was stuck to the piece I wanted and I didn't know it until fell. I didn't break it, but it hurts and is turning the same colors as a mysti-chrome Mustang.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My beans were like 11.5% which is pretty dry. The pods were breaking open when the combine got close to them. Just the ground was so darn wet.

I have heard stories about beans north of here being so wet/warm they sprouting in the pods :shok:

And I hate locust trees, burning is too nice of an end for them.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
My beans were like 11.5% which is pretty dry. The pods were breaking open when the combine got close to them. Just the ground was so darn wet.

I have heard stories about beans north of here being so wet/warm they sprouting in the pods :shok:

And I hate locust trees, burning is too nice of an end for them.
They are all over the place here by me. I don't mind them much, especially if I can cut them up and burn them.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They are all over the place here by me. I don't mind them much, especially if I can cut them up and burn them.
Thorns are hard on tires, pods are a mess, overall ugly and they are tough to kill/get rid of.

I am glad to not have one on my place. :icon_thumby:

If you want to come clean out my windbreaks you can have all the wood you want :icon_idea:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Thorns are hard on tires, pods are a mess, overall ugly and they are tough to kill/get rid of.

I am glad to not have one on my place. :icon_thumby:

If you want to come clean out my windbreaks you can have all the wood you want :icon_idea:
Ideally that would be great. But I'm pretty sure I'd spend more in fuel to come get it than I would just using the electric heat.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals