• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 XLT, Maxtrac 2" Levelling Coils - anyone done it?

Danno1985

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
stock
Mornin',
I have a 2010 XLT 2.3. Right now, the truck has air springs in the back from the previous owner, and I just put OEM 4x4 shocks on in the rear. Front is still stock. It has a pretty noticeable cowboy truck rake that would look good on a '72 F-100 but is a bit much on the Ranger. I've parked next to the lowered 2010-11 4x4 XLTs and, with my 235/75r15 tires, it actually sits at pretty much the same height, but I'd like to level it out a little by bringing the front up. Looked at some pics of 2008-9 trucks and this is basically the stance I'm after (not my truck).

I've done some research; I guess I wasn't aware of the issues with the Roll Stability Control, but it looks like spindle lifts are out for me. Not interested in a body lift or coil spacers.

Maxtrac makes a 2" coil spring set specifically for the 2.3 Ranger, so I think that's what I'm going with. I talked to Maxtrac, communication and customer service was excellent. They assured me the coils would work with my stock UCAs and align without problems. They were unable to verify 100% that I wouldn't have issues with the RSC, though, just because they hadn't specifically tested them on a newer truck. Anyone else run these on a 2010-11? Seems like it's mostly the spindle lifts where I've read about people running into issues, but if anyone can verify one way or another that I'll be good, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I'll give these a shot and report back.

These are the springs in question.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3XWZ4U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

gruller65

Reaction score
Mornin',
I have a 2010 XLT 2.3. Right now, the truck has air springs in the back from the previous owner, and I just put OEM 4x4 shocks on in the rear. Front is still stock. It has a pretty noticeable cowboy truck rake that would look good on a '72 F-100 but is a bit much on the Ranger. I've parked next to the lowered 2010-11 4x4 XLTs and, with my 235/75r15 tires, it actually sits at pretty much the same height, but I'd like to level it out a little by bringing the front up. Looked at some pics of 2008-9 trucks and this is basically the stance I'm after (not my truck).

I've done some research; I guess I wasn't aware of the issues with the Roll Stability Control, but it looks like spindle lifts are out for me. Not interested in a body lift or coil spacers.

Maxtrac makes a 2" coil spring set specifically for the 2.3 Ranger, so I think that's what I'm going with. I talked to Maxtrac, communication and customer service was excellent. They assured me the coils would work with my stock UCAs and align without problems. They were unable to verify 100% that I wouldn't have issues with the RSC, though, just because they hadn't specifically tested them on a newer truck. Anyone else run these on a 2010-11? Seems like it's mostly the spindle lifts where I've read about people running into issues, but if anyone can verify one way or another that I'll be good, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I'll give these a shot and report back.

These are the springs in question.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3XWZ4U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Alright here's what you need to know . don't buy there kits . I got the 99 lift kit with spindles coils shocks and shackles . rear has no problem. the spindles hit my coilbucket and it's destroyed my front end and I am needing to replace my uca tie rod ends and ball joints from the contact . from what I'm told the rangers suspention is limited by the shock leingth and the max Trac shock is to long therefore the spindle when at full droop smashes the coil bucket

The coils will only lift the set point of your front end and not give any clearance upgrade I am going to switch to bilstine shocks on my front end (they are an inch shorter) and see if I get the bumping if I do I will have to get limiting straps

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Danno1985

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
stock
Thanks for the response. Huh. I wasn't planning on getting the kit; I just have the 2" coils sitting here, and was planning on picking up some Bilstein 4600s (4x4 length).

I talked to Fabtech today as well. They have a lift kit for 2wd rangers up to 2008 that includes coils, shocks, and upper control arms, but the rep I spoke with asked if I had a regular cab or a super cab. When I said "regular cab", he told me they've had issues getting a correct alignment on the 4cyl/regular cabs, and that he couldn't recommend any of their products for my truck. Seems odd that only the regular cab would have issues. The more I read, the more I'm feeling like maybe I should just accept the 1970s raked look and leave the front alone. Coming from my last truck, a first-gen Tacoma, I assumed getting a couple inches to level it out would be a simple bolt-on thing, but it doesn't really seem like any of the solutions are perfect, and i don't want to live with a truck that just eats tires and/or ball joints.

Here's where it sits now. I parked next to a stock 2011 XLT 4x4 last time I was at the dealership, and honestly, with the 235/75r15s it sits pretty damn close to the same height as the lower 2010-11 4x4s. I'd still like to get the front more level, though.

Attachments

gruller65

Reaction score
Yeah dude np so if you get something to lift just do spindles and shocks with the coilsprings it only gives me like 4 inches of downward travel so it tends to bump even going over speed bumps
Thanks for the response. Huh. I wasn't planning on getting the kit; I just have the 2" coils sitting here, and was planning on picking up some Bilstein 4600s (4x4 length).

I talked to Fabtech today as well. They have a lift kit for 2wd rangers up to 2008 that includes coils, shocks, and upper control arms, but the rep I spoke with asked if I had a regular cab or a super cab. When I said "regular cab", he told me they've had issues getting a correct alignment on the 4cyl/regular cabs, and that he couldn't recommend any of their products for my truck. Seems odd that only the regular cab would have issues. The more I read, the more I'm feeling like maybe I should just accept the 1970s raked look and leave the front alone. Coming from my last truck, a first-gen Tacoma, I assumed getting a couple inches to level it out would be a simple bolt-on thing, but it doesn't really seem like any of the solutions are perfect, and i don't want to live with a truck that just eats tires and/or ball joints.

Here's where it sits now. I parked next to a stock 2011 XLT 4x4 last time I was at the dealership, and honestly, with the 235/75r15s it sits pretty damn close to the same height as the lower 2010-11 4x4s. I'd still like to get the front more level, though.
Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals