Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Mac
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 2003 2000 199
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger FX4 Level 2
I use this vehicle for: Beater
Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now Problems at the Northern Border!

From The Manitoba Herald by Clive Runnels

The flood of American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada has intensified in the past week, sparking calls for increased patrols to stop the illegal immigration. The recent actions of the Tea Party are prompting an exodus among left-leaning citizens who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray, and to agree with Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck.

Canadian border farmers say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, animal-rights activists and Unitarians crossing their fields at night. "I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota . The producer was cold, exhausted and hungry. He asked me if I could spare a latte and some free-range chicken.

When I said I didn't have any, he left before I even got a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals scaled them. He then installed loudspeakers that blared Rush Limbaugh across the fields. "Not real effective," he said. "The liberals still got through and Rush annoyed the cows so much that they wouldn't give any milk.

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals near the Canadian border, pack them into Volvo station wagons and drive them across the border where they are simply left to fend for themselves." A lot of these people are not prepared for our rugged conditions," an Ontario border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a single bottle of imported drinking water. They did have a nice little Napa Valley Cabernet, though."

When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often wailing loudly that they fear retribution from conservatives. Rumors have been circulating about plans being made to build re-education camps where liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer and watch NASCAR races.

In recent days, liberals have turned to ingenious ways of crossing the border. Some have been disguised as senior citizens taking a bus trip to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs. After catching a half-dozen young vegans in powdered wig disguises, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior citizens about Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney to prove that they were alive in the '50s. "If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk Show, we become very suspicious about their age" an official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are creating an organic-broccoli shortage and are renting all the Michael Moore movies. "I really feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't support them." an Ottawa resident said. "How many art-history majors does one country need?"
Dave of the Nord
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 11-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Ranger Dave (B25)

Vehicle Year: '10
Vehicle Model: RangerXLT
I use this vehicle for: the same things you do
My credo: Don't vote Democrat.
Ranger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant futureRanger Dave (B25) has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
"How many art-history majors does one country need?"
None, as far as I'm concerned.

A liberal-arts degree is useful as one thing only. Toilet paper. (please see the 'Wiping your ass' thread.)
Gun control means hitting center mass.
Baaarrrrrrraaaaaaaaaacck - the sound I make when I vomit.
Ranger Dave (B25) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
kolton

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: broncoII
I use this vehicle for: DD, and anything that i feel an urge to crawl!
kolton is on a distinguished road

now thats some funny stuff.

Dont mess with Texas.
kolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Awesome. Wrapped in Bacon. Stuffed with Epic. Glazed with Win.

I love it.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

I identify as an attack helicopter.

I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
97RangerXLT
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT Supercab 4 x 4
I use this vehicle for: Putting wear and tear on my tools
97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 97RangerXLT

This is great!

almost better than bacon.

AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
After a 5 year review of the work of automotive engineers I have determined that every last one of them is an atheist. Looking carefully at their work it is quite apparent that not a single one believes in intelligent design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
I see a smartcar and I see the beginnings of an air conditioned lawn mower...

Just gotta wait for them to get cheap...
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...ad.php?t=13474
97RangerXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
MountainMike

Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Truckin'
My credo: The fun begins where the pavement ends
MountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud of

Funny, but not the proper use of "eh". You're supposed to use it like you would use "hey" after making a statement, then turning it into a question.

"That's one fast Ranger, eh?"

My New Sport Trac <-Click
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
WWTRSD?
MountainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
doorgunner
Lab Rat for V.A. hospital

Vehicle Year: 1934/1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: FUN on a daily basis!
My credo: JESUS (no-not HeySoos) Lives!
doorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond repute

watch em close......rumor is---they're gonna refuse to drive on the
RIGHT side of the road once they reach a majority in Canada....

**All the people who's freedom of speech I fought to defend are now telling me to shut up**
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
TheTopher

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Warding off gold diggers
TheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond reputeTheTopher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMike View Post
Funny, but not the proper use of "eh". You're supposed to use it like you would use "hey" after making a statement, then turning it into a question.

"That's one fast Ranger, eh?"
I don't think I've ever heard someone say "Hey" after making a statement, in any context.

Great post though, hey?
Jim Oaks/Doorgunner 2012
TheTopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #9
MountainMike

Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Truckin'
My credo: The fun begins where the pavement ends
MountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTopher View Post
I don't think I've ever heard someone say "Hey" after making a statement, in any context.

Great post though, hey?
Well even if you've never heard it you did it right

My New Sport Trac <-Click
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
WWTRSD?
MountainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Mark_88

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Dordge
Vehicle Model: Care A Van
I use this vehicle for: Space travel
My credo: Love Thy Neighbor
Mark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Canadian humour...

Why does it always tell me I've made a spelling mistake when I put a "u" in words...I thought I picked EST and Eastern Canada as my time zone...
1996 Ranger 2.5 (gone)

On-line manual link
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...94#post1581294
Mark_88 is offline   Reply With Quote