Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 AM   #21
CHKNFKR

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Spending my hard earned cash
CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

i think thread activity should also be taken into account. if a thread has 3000 posts but hasn't been posted in since '04 i don't think it should make the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3507 View Post
This pick up makes my pecker perk up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaii View Post
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
CHKNFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 AM   #22
7.5L_STX

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger Supercab STX
I use this vehicle for: Lawn Ornament....
7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
isn't that what would qualify them as 'epic'?

even using post count was just an idea-if anyone has other suggestions as to what would qualify as entrance to this,it would be good to speak up.as long as no one gets pissed that their idea wasn't the one that was chosen.
it's good to have lots of parts to start a project with,the ones left at the end can be the start of the next project.
true, but most threads that actually make it to 400 are epic. theres "good" threads that make it to maybe 250 or so. but thinkin about it, 400 or maybe 500 is alot of posts.

My Ranger Is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_smokeater View Post
what the hell you think your doing ya dang yooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
What is "facebook"?
7.5L_STX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #23
CHKNFKR

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Spending my hard earned cash
CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

their place on the list could also come from the rating, you know, the little stars everyone forgets exist. just another idea....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3507 View Post
This pick up makes my pecker perk up
Quote:
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
CHKNFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #24
7.5L_STX

7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHKNFKR View Post
their place on the list could also come from the rating, you know, the little stars everyone forgets exist. just another idea....
lol, i forget about the ratings all the time. i barely see any threads that have actually been rated.

My Ranger Is Dead

Quote:
Quote:
What is "facebook"?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #25
LIMA BEAN

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Ranger SXY
I use this vehicle for: Doing dirty deed's dirt cheap.
LIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I think there are bone hunters here. A thread us graylings have not seen in years turns up, who does that? Thanks! Back before the 2007 crash we lost the teenage years of TRS and sweet threads and tech. Been a lot of babies born and lives changed since then but we have always been family here.

"You have come to take our evil black guns? heh heh be right with ya there mister."
LIMA BEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #26
gwaii
2010 OTOTY Winner

Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: stupid stuff
gwaii is a splendid one to beholdgwaii is a splendid one to beholdgwaii is a splendid one to beholdgwaii is a splendid one to beholdgwaii is a splendid one to beholdgwaii is a splendid one to beholdgwaii is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i think thread activity should also be taken into account. if a thread has 3000 posts but hasn't been posted in since '04 i don't think it should make the list

i don't know.it may place far down the list if they are arranged on a 'last post' idea....but just because a thread is old doesn't mean it's not got good info in it.there may be some jewels hiding out there.

Quote:
this is what i meant by getting other ideas out there.a true epic thread needs more than just the post count considered....it could be based on a few different criteria,though we don't want it to be too complicated to figure out.ideally it would be something the software that runs the site could sort out so inclusion would be automatic once the criteria were met.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
7.5L_STX

i think it could be based on what the "regulars" (people that are on daily and post daily) think should be in there, i mean we pretty much know what threads are awesome or not since were on here every day.

My Ranger Is Dead

Quote:
Quote:
What is "facebook"?