• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave Cylinder

glenn123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I couldnt shift my 5 speed in to gear so i checked my slave cylinder reservoir and it was low about a an quarter of an inch so i added some brake fluid and it worked great. But i have to keep adding fluid everyday. So i guess i need to replace my whole slave cylinder. And i have no clue how to even start. and ideas?

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
i checked my slave cylinder reservoir
that'd be quite a trick......i've never seen a slave have a reservoir.before anyone can answer your questions, i think you need to figure out what you mean because it seems that you think your master cylinder is your slave

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
youre going to have to drop your transmission to change the slave cylinder, im looking at doing the same thing in the spring time (hopefully i can nurse it that long). its not a huge job, but it can consume quite a bit of time if you havent done on before. im not sure if youre 2wd or 4wd but the 2wd are definately easier as there is less stuff to remove, but the down side is that they sit lower to start with so getting them high enough off the ground to pull the trans can be a challenge.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Its a task. I've had my 87 4x4 trans out several times and I'm fixing to take out my son's 94 4x4 for the second time. There's alot of info on this site and if you run into problems, detail it as accurate as possible and someone will usually answer. Its extremely difficult and time consuming especially for a novice but it can be done in the driveway, better in the garage. I just get mine off the ground as high as possible to start. You'll need some tools both SAE and metric, a transmission jack is a nice thing to use.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals