• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

About wiring up A4ld OD without computer

igiveup

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello

How does the tourque converter solenoid work. Does it power up to shut down the tourqe converter or power down? At the moment my 85 B2 is wired up brake switch to solenoid to ground. So when I press the brakes a lite on my dash lites up telling me there is power going to the solenoid. My shifter also has p,r,n,od,d,2,1 and I drive in d most of the time and if I am in od I will drop it to drive when under 80km/hr.

TIA
igiveup

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The middle wire is hot at all times. You ground the outer two to complete the circuit. Simple eh????

igiveup

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello
The middle wire is hot at all times. You ground the outer two to complete the circuit. Simple eh????
Now remember that my tranny is a 94 A4LD with an 85 VB. There is no 3-4 shift solenoid. So only 2 wires. So my question is for the torque converter lockup is shut off by putting power to the solenoid or shutting power of to it. What does the ecm do for it? I know it goes thru ground but at what time?

igiveup

mikepotts

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
it is a normally open switch, when it closes it engages, when it is open it is disengaged.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, when you complete the circuit, it turns on the lock up.

igiveup

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello

it is a normally open switch, when it closes it engages, when it is open it is disengaged.
Yeah, when you complete the circuit, it turns on the lock up.
Thankyou thats what I was looking for. Power up and it engages. So I have it wired so powers up when I touch the brakes. I will need to rewire so I don't burn my tranny up.

igiveup

igiveup

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello

How do I test the TCC solenoid when its in the transmission with out having to take the pan off. Can you hear it click if its powered up the powered down?

igiveup

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals