• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave cylinder

saleenboy87146

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Slave cylinder seems to be on it's last leg. Any special tools needed to remove the trans and slave cylinder ( quick disconnect )?

Any tips on replacing the slave and clutch, removing the trans?

Thanks

Scott

TonkaSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You have to drop the transmission, so I recommend ratcheting wrenches and a tranny jack. Will make things much easier. You don't have to worry about the clutch but if you think its time to be replaced might wanna do that while you have the tranny out. You may have to cut your exhaust to get the tranny down, I'm not sure about yours but I had to. After you get the tranny down, there's only 2 bolts hold the slave cylinder onto the input shaft. It slides right off/on. The quick disconnect is a pain in the butt, I'm having problems with it currently, I read somewhere that it's better to just get a new line, without the quik-connect. Mostly it's just common sense. Just bag and tag all bolts you remove

Last edited:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Ratcheting wrenches, extensions, swivel sockets, all bolts on tranny/tcase should be 13mm/1/2", Driveshaft bolts will be 12pt 12mm or 12pt 8mm. The slave is bolted on by two 10mm bolts, and can be replaced by just sliding the tranny back, if you have a girlfriend with skinny arms, and is not afraid to get dirty. :D

The tranny crossmember bolts should all be 18mm, you'll most likely need a breaker bar or at least a 1/2 ratchet

I never use a tranny jack, but that's me.

Look here for quick disconnect line. Don't be scared, they're easy.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33973&highlight=disconnect

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals