• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

truck wont start!!!!!!!!!!!!

1badstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
So i replaced both fuel pumps and fuel filter, new relay, and bypass my saftey shutoff switch and the truck has spark. but turn wont start!! It turns over fine but nothing good happens. plus there no fuel in the fuel rail. I got to get to work tomorrow i need help fast!!!!! ....and yes it has gas lol

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like the pcm is not controlling the relay. in a pinch, I'd be willing to bet it will run if you ground the Fuel Pump test on the diagnostic connector, but the pumps will run constantly as long as the key is on 'Run'. Not an issue since it is a return style system, but worth noting. Would get you to work and at least verify that is what is happening.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yes, when you bypassed the saftey shut off switch, it removes power from the fuel pump and i believe the injectors. it wont run unless that shut off inertia switch is connected. Its hardwired into the computer.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Bypassing the inertia switch has nothing to do with it, not unless it was making a bad connection which would prevent power from getting to the pumps. Get a wiring diagram and see, the circuit doesn't work like you've described.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals