• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 Ranger 4wd engaging issue.

vitalka89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys i got all my driveshaft issues fixed and what not and came across another problem. My 4x4 does not turn on when i turn the switch. The only way i can get it to turn on is pull the fuse in the cab and put it back in than it turns on and off fine until it sits for a little while. I have to reset with the fuse whenever i wanna go in 4wd. I was hoping some of he great of the this forum could help point me in the right direction here.

OKIE60067

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Booze
Transmission
Automatic
Mine had the same, Of course Chicago in Jan/Feb!
My '99 has Vacuum Hubs and one of the Rubber lines had broken at the pivot point where it goes from a hold-down on the frame through a pivot flex rubber hose into the center back of the Hub,
I'll bet it's cracked or leaky!
I was able to snip about an inch off and put a barb fitting to splice them. Good Hunting!
Still chasing leaks in heater control system... Grrrrr
Good Hunting!

vitalka89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mine had the same, Of course Chicago in Jan/Feb!
My '99 has Vacuum Hubs and one of the Rubber lines had broken at the pivot point where it goes from a hold-down on the frame through a pivot flex rubber hose into the center back of the Hub,
I'll bet it's cracked or leaky!
I was able to snip about an inch off and put a barb fitting to splice them. Good Hunting!
Still chasing leaks in heater control system... Grrrrr
Good Hunting!
My 4wd comes on and works right, all 4 wheel spin when lifted off the ground, after i reset with fuse pull. Is that same as what yours had?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals