• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Auto to manual Swap

Sawz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
89 bronco II

I found out today after doing some looking at closer after I got this little Bronco up on jack stands and crawled under it to look around. That the previous owner has swapped out an Auto to a manual tranny. Have not investigated to see how good a job it was, when I picked this up he told me it had throw out bearing problems I was going to replace the clutch and slave also when I dug into it. .

My question relates to the electrical issues, what should he have changed out electrically when he did this, the computer? how do you find out if it has the right computer for a manual instead of the auto. Any other sensors - connectors need to be looked at?

I traced the no start issues back to the fuel pump and am in the process of changing that out. Time is hard to come by for a while.

I was curious if any other no start issues could be related to swap. The driveline bolts were very loose I could twist them with my hand so it makes me think he might have been in the process and never did get it running. I have since lost his number to call and ask more questions or I would find out more details

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals