• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

not another seat quetion

masterbrenden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2010
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
3.0l v6/4.0l v6
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys, on my 2010 ranger i am coming to that notable moment when the fabric on my drivers seat is wearing thin and gonna tear soon so i got a question because i have always hated the firmness of my seat foam. now here's the kicker. i work at T.M.I. products inc. we make can you guess... restoration car parts mostly aimed at Ponys, Bugs, and G.M.'s and i was wondering if anyone knew if a mid back head-rest sport bucket seat shared a frame with any mustang or if it is solely mounting locations under it shares because i got seat foam molded for mustangs coming out of my ears and honestly a power lumbar bucket sounds pretty good to me especially considering i could get new fabric and what ever firmness my heart desired out of the foam injection machines and at cost if not free. If anyone happens to know if would be much appreciated and if i travel blindly i will be sure to share my results. thank you guys...:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I think there is a sticky on seats in the Tech Library (front page) but I know for sure that the rails will fit many RBV seats...but, then again, 2010 may be a completely different animal...might need to measure the width and distance between the bolt holes (meaning remove the seat) and go from there...

You can search the whole forum by using the Google custom search link at the top of the page...sometimes takes a few tries but I'm sure you will find something...either on here or one of the many Ford truck sites...

Burls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DHOC
Transmission
Automatic
I don't think your going to have any options other than 10/11 ranger seats due to the weight sensor in the passenger seat and the integrated side airbags.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Maybe you could convince your bosses to add Ranger products to the Ford line? I doubt seriously that any mustang shares seat frames or mounting points with a Ranger, and as mentioned previously there is the airbag issue to contend with. Earlier Rangers had removable seat tracks, but I can't recall the year that they stopped. If you got a set of those tracks they could probably be mounted on any Mustang seat for mounting in your Ranger. Might even work on a late model set that have the mentioned sensors and side airbags.

i work at T.M.I. products inc. we make can you guess...
You're shitting me! Ain't gotta guess, I've looked at your products often over the years. Looked at them a lot yesterday. You actually work there... Think you could misplace a set of Sport R or R500 covers and seat foams for a 65-67 Mustang at my house in Georgia? I'll pay the shipping. :D

I've decided my first gen standard cab will be getting a handbrake, which means buckets instead of bench seat. Gotta have low back buckets, and the only ones I've found that look right are from '64 1/2 to '68 Mustangs with standard interior. That said I want bolstered seats, which is where y'all come in. In fact I was just getting on here to post an opinion thread about it when I saw this thread, but that'll have to wait cause I gotta go to work now.

Last edited:

jcd302

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My 2007 has the weight sensor in the passenger seat.
2001 and earlier Explorer (Mountaineer) seats fit our trucks, at least the extra cabs. Some of those had the lumbar.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals