• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 ranger static drop question.

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Having trouble with internet so its hard to access the tech pages. So I am asking here. I have a 91 4.0 ext cab ranger. How low can I go and still align it? 5" in the front and 7" in the rear? I want to go as low as I can and be level and be able to align it. Also what are the best size tires and wheels 17,18? I need to run the widest tire and wheel I can it's a supercharged truck.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Definitely 3" in front with beams and be align-able. Adding 2" drop springs will get you to 5" and probably still be good with the right eccentrics, assuming that the rest of the suspension is in good shape.

Greater than 2" drop springs is where problems usually start on front.

Alignment isn't usually a problem in rear. Back there you have to watch axle to frame clearance, driveshaft to cab clearance, and pinion angle.

insaneranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/40 R18
I have a '88 ext. cab and started with a static drop. I used Chassis Tech i-beams in the front and a leaf "flip" kit on the rear. The i-beams are designed to allow realignment to factory specs without the need of aftermarket bushings, etc... You can add spacers on the rear if you need to go lower. I went with a 3" front, 5" rear drop with 18"x8" wheels on 40 series tires, but there are beams that will drop 5" on the front with the use of alignment bushings. 18x8 is as wide as you can go without tubbing if your wheels are going to tuck into the bed.

Of couse, dropping is addictive and mine now has a full adjustable air ride setup. I can almost lay frame with the bags all the way down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals