• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 b2 lift questions??

1bad87five0ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok i have a 1989 b2 that sits stock. I was wondering which way is the easiest way to lift it? I would really like to go with sas but i can't really get any information on how exactly how the swap works and how to lift after the conversion. I want to run a 302 ho and five speed transmission with a 35-38 inch tire. I saw the bds 6'' suspension lift and i could put a 3 inch body but was needing some pros and cons on both because i will do which ever i have to. I really need some help cause im ready to start on this project and want to post pics of progress. thanks to everyone

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
if ur gonna run a 38in tire go straight axle cause the d28 wont handle it plus u will have to get a different rear axle cause the 7.5 wont handle it, there is plenty of info in the tech library. goodluck

1bad87five0ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok i want to do the sas conversion but i really don't wanna spend 1900 bucks for the james duff conversion kit. I saw people doing this but don't understand what all they use from the donor vehicle and what you have to buy to make the suspension work under the bronco II. Please lead me in the right direction.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
A D35 and 8.8" axle swap from an Explorer is a dirt-simple swap and under a BII should handle 35-37" tires if you know & respect their limits (which are hardly less than with the D44 that's commonly used for a SAS). This does not mean you can't give 'er hell on occasion, just knowing when to back off is all (such as if it starts to bounce or wheelhop, or with the wheels cut sharply, etc.).

As for the SAS, there are many different parts you can use along with different ways to do it. My best advice is to take a look at other people's buildups, see what they are using (take a look through the Rigs Under Construction and Extreme Suspensions sections here).

If you go the D35, do stay away from BDS lifts, they use a drop-plate bracket extension which can bust a hole in the top of the diff housing (Skyjacker or James Duff both make much better kits that have full-replacement axle brackets).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals